Amazon Publishing is looking to hire an experienced and market-savvy Editorial Director for a 12-month maternity cover.
The Editorial Director (based in London) will lead and inspire our team of editors to bring our customers exceptional books and is the key editorial expert for Amazon Publishing UK imprint.
You’ll discover and evaluate books in a variety of categories, manage author and agent relationships, and support the publishing team to deliver quality books and world-class author experiences.
This is a multifaceted job in a start-up environment that requires; strong leadership with strategic thinking, management of a team, solid business judgement with an understanding of the economics of publishing and high levels of ownership.
Your focus will be:
· Monitoring format, category trends, sales, and customer review data for books and developing and maintaining strong relationships with authors, literary agents, publishers, and industry contacts.
· Identifying new leads from publishers and agents, help evaluating projects and mobilizing the editorial team to move quickly on opportunities.
· Guiding the local editorial team to ensure that they are raising the bar in editorial and author care.
· Working closely with our internal teams (e.g. Finance, Operations, Marketing) to track work from acquisition through publication.
· Providing leadership, guidance, and development opportunities for your direct reports.
· 5+ Years of publishing and editorial experience, identifying, evaluating, and supporting the publishing of content.
· 3+ Years of people management.
· Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and Word.
· Comprehensive understanding of the editorial and production process.
· 5+ years of author and agent relationship managment.
· 2+ years' experience owning and managing to a P&L or departmental goals.
· Demonstrated creativity in identifying new business opportunities.
· Strong analytical skills: the ability and desire to use a variety of data to make decisions, back up proposals, and measure results.
· Exceptional editorial/publishing acumen.
· Superb written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven track record in creatively publishing commercially successful titles.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to measure results.
Copy Delivery Manager #Lux #Fashion #Beauty #Lifestyle
Closing 3 January 2020
- Creative Recruitment
- temp, temp to perm
- £100 to 125 /day
Closing 7 January 2020
Want more Editorial Director jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.