Editorial Creative Curation Specialist
Ever wonder how Netflix creates browse categories like “Critically Acclaimed Documentaries,” “Exciting World War II Action Movies,” or “Quirky British Comedies”?
As part of the Editorial Creative Collections team, you will work with both editorial metadata and algorithmic/formulaic systems to create and maintain over 100,000 unique rows, genres, browse galleries, and other content categories that help over 150 million global users discover content they’ll love. These collections leverage deep-level title metadata to support not only content merchandising, but also maturity ratings, social and marketing campaigns, user messaging, data analysis, algorithms and operations.
The right candidate for this role will combine his or her skills in taxonomy, information science and project management with an encyclopedic knowledge of movies and TV shows. In order to create collections, you will use a set of proprietary tools and code, and while an engineering background is not a prerequisite, experience with complex rulesets, database queries, and back-end systems is a plus. You will partner with our metadata, writing, algo engineering and product teams advising on product innovation and a/b testing.
You will combine a mastery of these technical systems with an ability to manage a catalog of thousands of titles, so that you can troubleshoot issues and ensure a great, intuitive discovery experience for millions of users all over the world.
Reporting to the Editorial Creative Collections Team Manager, this is an exempt role, located in our Los Gatos or Los Angeles office.
- Curate, QA, and create new title collections.
- Manage genre menus and browse experience worldwide.
- Analyze collection performance and efficiency, and identify new opportunities.
- Collaborate with the larger Editorial Creative team and Product Managers to support title-collection tests and new product features.
- Work with the Globalization team to ensure conceptual relevance of categories worldwide, and to identify region-specific merchandising needs.
- Work with Content Platform Engineering to identify and implement solutions for workflow efficiency.
- 5+ years working with taxonomies or classification systems, and/or managing catalog metadata.
- Deep and broad knowledge of global TV shows and movies.
- Strong Familiarity with kids and family content a plus.
- Familiarity with tools and systems involved in the above: Content Management systems, database management software, and/or and metadata analytics.
- Familiarity with A/B testing, implementation, and data analysis preferred.
- Experience in content analysis and an aptitude for analyzing trends in content consumption data.
- Ability to set goals and work independently in a highly cross-functional, non-hierarchical workplace.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience working with international markets a plus.
- Eager to embrace our culture of candid feedback.
- Information Science degrees preferred.
UX Writer, Product (Contract)
Closing 12 October 2019
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- San Francisco
- temp, temp to perm
Designer, Creative Services
Closing 10 October 2019
- NBCUniversal International
- Beverly Hills
Want more Editorial Creative Curation Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.