Editorial Assistant (F1000)
F1000 Research is an innovative open research publisher of scientific, scholarly, translational and clinical research across the physical and life sciences, engineering, medicine, social sciences and humanities. The F1000 Research publishing system combines the ability to rapidly publish scholarly articles with the functionality to ensure transparency, robustness and reproducibility of research. The publishing model combines the benefits of ‘pre-printing’ (providing rapid publication) with quality and transparency (open data and open peer review) and enables publication within days of submission, followed by open invited peer review.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, well-organised individual with strong English language skills, excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and a good eye for detail to join the team as an Editorial Assistant on F1000Research (F1000Research) and across our open research platforms (openresearchcentral.org), including our publishing platforms for Wellcome and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The role will involve a wide range of tasks relating to facilitating the peer review process for our research platforms, including contacting internationally renowned academic researchers and clinicians, assessing the appropriateness of peer reviewers and providing additional suggestions, and some basic editing and quality checks of peer review reports. Please note this role will not include the editing of manuscripts.
The successful candidate will have a background in the natural sciences, social sciences, or humanities with a natural ability to communicate concepts clearly and enthusiastically, work efficiently, and have excellent attention to detail. They will also need to be a strong team player who enjoys interacting with people and be fully computer literate.
Prior editorial experience is not required for this role as full training will be provided.
To apply for this role please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity.
What you will be doing:
- Liaise with researchers by email and phone to obtain their peer review reports in a timely manner
- Efficiently manage the peer review process of articles across a wide range of subject areas
- Manage the publication of peer review reports, liaising with authors, reviewers, and internal staff where clarification is required
- Support authors during the peer review process, including identifying suitable expert reviewers
- Promptly respond to questions from authors and peer reviewers relating to the publishing model and the peer review process
- Liaise closely with the rest of the team to ensure clear communication regarding processes is maintained
- Broad interest in academic research and publishing
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an aptitude to communicate clearly with researchers from around the world
- Strong English language skills
- Computer skills essential – especially using the internet to search for key information
- Pro-active, resourceful and a good team player
- Adaptable and willing to take on new and different responsibilities as they arise
- Ability to handle multiple projects
What we offer in return:
- A salary of c.£25,500 per annum
- 25 days annual leave (3 additional days at Christmas)
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Pension contributions
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
Please provide a supporting covering letter with your application detailing your motivation and interest for this opportunity.
You must have the right to work and live in the United Kingdom
This role is open to candidates in all locations across the United Kingdom. Taylor & Francis has multiple options for how employees can work based on their role – be that in the Office, at home or somewhere in between.
At Taylor & Francis we care about our colleagues, promoting work-life balance, wellbeing and flexible working. We believe that the skills and experience you bring to Taylor & Francis are invaluable. We want you to have the opportunity to develop your abilities, and to innovate and develop in areas which you are passionate about.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
This role may also be available on a flexible working or part time basis – please ask the Talent Acquisition team for more information.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 11 July 2022
- Dazed Group
Communication Manager - Content Creator
Closing 16 July 2022
- Micro Focus
Want more Editorial Assistant (F1000) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.