Editorial Art Director – Brand Creative
The Editorial Art Director is responsible for sourcing and presenting opportunities to develop and deliver the overarching brand narrative through appropriate, thoughtful, novel, engaging and meaningful storytelling across brand creative projects. Collaborating closely with the Visual Director, Senior Art Director, & Global Head of PR and Comms and the Global Marketing Director, the role will help build the brand’s cultural community, creating links between the brand narrative and cultural production in the wider world, to enrich the brand’s creative output through editorial project based storytelling, and harness it as a force for positive cultural change.
- Develop a medium to long term editorial strategy for the brand, in collaboration with the Visual Director and CMO.
- Working closely with the Visual Director to champion creative thinking.
- Build the creative and content offering in close partnership with Corporate Image team.
- Concepting narrative based storytelling ideas for brand moments, creative deliverables & events, linking to product and brand values.
- Work from concept through to completion to deliver on the editorial promise of projects.
- Collaborate with the brand copywriter to ensure tone of voice is consistent.
- To develop and gatekeep a library of relevant brand and product information, in order to quickly spot opportunities for collaboration and commissioning.
- Previous experience in a senior creative editorial role, preferably print and digital platforms.
- Strong knowledge of the fashion industry at a luxury level.
- Strong creative and strategic awareness: creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense, understanding of the commercial objectives.
- Strong knowledge of who the brand can creatively partner with to produce outstanding stories in visual and written form (environmental and social activists, artists, photographers, directors, musicians, multi disciplinary cultural figures, etc).
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Pro-active and motivated.
- Previous experience presenting editorial concepts.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities.
- Previous experience working with and meeting varying deadlines.
- Experience managing projects with competing priorities.
- A strong interest in various cultural and art forms.
Systems and Essentials:
- Microsoft Suite.
- Adobe creative suite.
- Completed studies in design, art, communication or a similar related field.
At Stella McCartney, we are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment in which all of our voices are heard. Where people can work to their maximum potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and fair pay. For us, it is about appreciating what is different in others and also what we have in common. We hire people who want to change things, disrupt the norm, who are naturally confident with a positive attitude. Our decisions respect all people regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age, social or political belief, or world view.
Art Director (Beauty Brand))
Closing 22 October 2020
- Creative Recruitment
- £30,000 to 32,000 per annum
Mid-Weight Art Director
Closing 15 November 2020
- Charlotte Tilbury
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.