Business Unit Overview:
TT Games was established in 2005 with the merger of games publisher Giant Interactive and the developer Traveller's Tales. TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families as part of Warner Media and to develop exciting new content.
TT Games Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., are seeking an experienced and creative Cutscene Editor with a great visual style, to take overall responsibility for editing the cutscenes in our videogames, working across multiple projects.
You will be expected to work alongside Directors, Animators, Designers, Artists, Programmers and Producers within the studio on a day-to-day basis, providing high quality edits that achieve production and quality goals set for the project.
You will be expected to estimate timescales for your tasks in advance and deliver milestones as part of the development team.
The role is self-contained, with the roles of edit and tech assistants being taken on by the editor.
This is a 9-12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave.
- Assemble all raw assets, video, audio etc. in preparation for edit.
- Organise raw and exported data, ensuring all data is stored safely and securely at all times.
- Edit footage as required by the project, consulting with and following direction from the project lead and/or director.
- Export working edits as required by the wider team to facilitate production across departments, and to fulfil any external requirements.
- Produce final ‘online’ edit including colour grading, and post as needed, under direction of the project lead and/or director.
- Ensure edit meets technical specification for target format, liaising with external agencies as required.
- Media management – over multiple projects.
- Liaise with external agencies where appropriate to ensure final edit includes appropriate legal notices, credits, and any other essential information.
- Communicate issues, both technical and creative, as appropriate.
- Edit production – keeping track of approvals for edit and audio.
- Consistently meet project guidelines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- Grading within the game engine.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up-to-date with industry advancements and technologies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of Premier and associated video conversion software.
- Grasp of film grammar.
- A benefit would be an understanding of working within game engines.
- Mac and PC knowledge.
- Experience working with directors/producers/dub mixers.
- Experience as a technical assistant – have the ability to fix edit issues.
- General knowledge of how games work and a cutscene’s role within.
About TT Games:
Responsible for the best-selling and BAFTA-winning LEGO videogame series, TT Games is in the business of delighting children and grown-ups alike. With 30 years of success behind our studio, and as a valued part of Warner Bros since 2007, we have incredibly exciting plans for future titles based on the world's biggest entertainment properties.
In late 2016 we were extremely proud to be joined by Playdemic, one of the UK’s most successful free-to-play mobile games developers and publishers. Their most recent title, Golf Clash, is a top-grossing smash hit on iOS and Android. Exciting news continued into 2017 as TT Odyssey was established, founded by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry. TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller’s Tales, designing from the ground-up a LEGO video game as a free to play mobile title.
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated people to join our AAA studio and to be part of everything we do, because we know it is the talent and dedication of our employees that has made our 30 years of success possible.
TT Games offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly – one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we’re most proud of include: flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance.
We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities (including on-site exercise classes), discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.
Closing 26 August 2020
- Adecco Global IM
Senior Video Producer - Karen Millen & Coast
Closing 23 August 2020
Want more Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.