Informa Markets is a world leader in b2b digital marketing services. Our knowledge of the communities we serve and our skill at bringing communities together via online platforms which create opportunities for buyers and sellers to connect make us a valuable resource for thousands of customers each year.
SHP Online is a brand with over 60 years of history and with an audience of over 600,000 every year is considered to be the premier source of Health and Safety information in the UK.
It is part of a wider Health and Safety portfolio within Informa Markets which includes Safety and Health Expo (SHE), the UK’s leading B2B trade show for the Health and Safety sector.
You will be an enthusiastic B2B content professional, used to producing high quality journalism to meet deadlines and move the industry agenda forward. The role is to expand our already fast-growing our audience through breaking news, in-depth features and special reports, firmly positioning SHP at the heart of the industry. There will also be a focus on ensuring SHP’s strategy is aligned to SHE’s strategy including having a role in planning and implementing live content.
Whilst there is a sales team in place who have direct responsibility for generating revenue on SHP and SHE the Editor will be expected to attend key client meetings and to provide strategic advice/ideas for commercial opportunities.
- Writing news and features, ensuring regular up-to-date content and resources to go in the daily newsletter.
- Managing relationships with freelancers and contributors, being the main point of contact for PRs and for features from regular authors.
- Contributing to the planning of live content at SHE and chairing live sessions at the show.
- Providing market intelligence and insight to contribute to the portfolio’s strategy.
- Working closely with the health and safety community to deliver educational webinars and downloads to improve professional development. Organising schedule and co-ordinating expert contributors.
- Interviewing top health & safety executives over the phone, via email and face-to-face.
- Attending and reporting from conferences, lectures and networking events in and outside of London.
- Helping to develop and execute webinars, podcasts and other live content for our conferences.
- Helping to develop and deliver new revenue streams.
- Pushing our content further by measuring and optimising content effectiveness using web analytics.
- Demonstrated experience in B2B online publishing.
- Strong interviewing, editing, writing, communication, and organisational skills.
- Familiarity with web content management systems, SEO principles, and digital editing software.
- An interest in developing live content.
- An eye for developing media opportunities that have commercial value
- Ability to meet daily deadlines.
Alongside a competitive salary, Informa also offers the following employee benefits:
- Season ticket loan & Cycle2work
- Money purchased pension scheme & life assurance
- Eye care and childcare vouchers
- 25 days annual holiday, increasing to 27 days after 2 years, plus an extra day off for your birthday
- Our Learning team supports year-round development, with face-to-face training, access to LinkedIn Learning and the opportunity for colleagues to earn their Certificate in Exhibition Management (CEM) in-house
- Informa's colleague Share Incentive Plan matches every share purchased with 2 free shares
- Informa offers a £250 Healthy Lifestyle subsidy to spend on fitness activities and classes
- You are given permission to take days off to volunteer with an approved scheme
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed.
As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Editor, T Brand International
Closing 20 July 2022
- The New York Times
Closing 19 July 2022
- Newcastle upon Tyne
Regional News Editor, Global's Newsroom – East
Closing 18 July 2022
- Milton Keynes
Want more Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.