On behalf of my client based in Congleton, I am looking to recruit an experienced Editor to manage a quarterly publication. An interest in science, technology, energy, and the environment are crucial for this role, as is the ability to understand sometimes complex topic areas. The role will ensure that you are constantly learning, and so an inquisitive mind is a benefit.
As Editor you will be responsible for:
- Generate ideas for features;
- Oversee the layout, appearance and content of all features;
- Commission articles for inclusion from a range of experts, academics and government officials;
- Conduct interviews with experts and transform them into written features;
- Liaise with press and PR officers across a broad spectrum of organisations and develop relationships accordingly;
- Sub-edit, re-write and proof-read all content adhering to a consistent house style;
- Liaise with our digital editors, other publication editors and project leads to ensure all relevant topics are covered;
- Engage on social media channels to promote your content;
- Network at relevant events to source ideas, conduct interviews, or commission editorial features;
- Think creatively to engage and enhance our readership; and
- Assist other members of the team in ensuring all deadlines are met.
This is a great opportunity to join an established organisation, who offer a competitive salary and benefits package along with opportunities for career progression.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 28 September 2021
- £45k, plus excellent benefits
Digital News Editor - LBC
Closing 16 November 2021
Closing 14 November 2021
Want more Editor jobs?
Want to find more Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Proofreader jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.