All Amazon teams and businesses, from Prime delivery to AWS, are guided by four key tenets: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking.
We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way our customers live their lives and run their businesses.
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
What unites Amazonians across teams and geographies is that we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier. The scope and scale of our mission drives us to seek diverse perspectives, be resourceful, and navigate through ambiguity. Inventing and delivering things that were never thought possible isn't easy, but we embrace this challenge every day.
By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Come build the future with us.
Amazon is seeking an Editor to develop internal web content for various teams. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented team of editors and project managers to produce data processing documentation for a cross-functional environment.
The ideal candidate has the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation, excellent communication skills, as well as a technical and linguistic aptitude that enables effective interaction with Data Analysts, AI modelers, and Engineers.
Summary of Responsibilities:
· Produce high-quality guidelines for data processing.
· Independently follow designs and standards to develop and deliver conceptual and how-to web content.
· Make suggestions for updating or improving our web content standards.
· Conduct peer edits for grammar, style, voice, and form.
· Help define writing projects and determine priorities.
· Work on an exploratory project, such as an interactive tutorial, a notebook, or your own great ideas.
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Localizing established guidelines from English into Arabic.
· Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve data output.
· Diving deep into issues and implementing solutions independently.
· Providing quality expertise to other team members and coaching improvements.
· BA degree in Technical Writing, Languages, Linguistics, or a related field.
· Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house user-interface tools.
· Experience developing web content and using XML, markdown, or HTML.
· Experience in language technology or technical writing roles.
· Proficiency in Egyptian or Gulf Arabic and English.
· MA degree in Linguistics or equivalent practical experience.
· Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Practical skills in Content Management Systems, such as MadCap Flare, GitHub, SharePoint, etc.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills.
· Independent, proactive, and self-motivated with record in timely delivery of requests.
Want more Editor jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.