Editor-in-Chief, Developmental Cell
As the Editor-in-Chief of Developmental Cell, you assume overall responsibility for determining the journal’s scientific scope and editorial direction.
You will serve as the leader of the journal’s editorial team and be responsible for ensuring the quality and quantity of the research articles published in Developmental Cell.
You will be expected to attend scientific meetings and build a broad network of domestic and international contacts.
The Editor-in Chief will also need to develop and foster partnerships with other editorial teams at Cell Press, as well as members of the production, marketing, press and advertising teams, and to contribute to the overall publishing strategy of Cell Press.
This is an exciting opportunity to further develop and shape Developmental Cell, and to be part of the vibrant and growing Cell Press journal portfolio.
The Cell Press main office is located in Cambridge, MA, but we are open to considering qualified candidates based in Cambridge or other Cell Press offices. The position will report to an Executive Editor at Cell Press.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing and executing on an overall strategy for Developmental Cell.
- managing the journal’s editorial team.
- overseeing various aspects of the manuscript handling workflows.
- making decisions on manuscripts in collaboration with the editorial team.
- developing a strong working relationship with the external advisory editorial board.
- developing deep networks within the communities served by the journal.
- recruiting exciting papers within the scope of the journal.
- managing the article pipeline and front matter for the journal.
- collaborating on production workflows, marketing, social media and website.
- liaising with other Cell Press editorial teams on transfers and projects.
The qualified candidate would ideally bring:
- a Ph.D. in any area of biology with journal relevant subject matter expertise/experience.
- 5+ years of editorial experience.
- broad interest across the full spectrum of biology.
- project and/or people management skills.
- strong organizational skills.
- strong written and oral communication skills.
- interest in engaging with the scientific community.
- previous management experience is beneficial but not required.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent medical, dental and 401K benefits.
- Opportunity to advance within the organization among many divisions (worldwide).
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your motivations for being interested in the job. We will consider applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. A pre-employment screening will be part of our recruitment procedure.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Social Editor - Instagram & Snapchat
Closing 16 March 2021
- LADbible Group
- London, Manchester (Temporarily Remote)
- perm, from remote
Digital Content Editor
Closing 28 January 2021
- AA plc
- £45,000 per annum
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.