Editor, Villa 88
Villa 88 is the UAE’s only female magazine that is published specially for the affluent, local Arab women of the country. The magazine is hand delivered four times a year to a VIP database of 5,000 women including members of leading local families. Villa 88 also executes bespoke events, talks, supplements and social media.
Due to its growth since launching just 4 years ago we are now looking for a full-time editor who can build and develop the brand in print, digital and via its events. Working closely with the Villa 88 Founder, Asma Al Fahim, the ideal candidate will be able to seamlessly merge her ideas with their own to create a unique brand that both reflects and inspires its readers.
The ideal candidate should have worked for at least three years on a lifestyle magazine either as an editor or deputy editor. A proven journalistic background with print and digital experience you should be creative, dynamic and culturally inquisitive. Arabic speaker is preferable but not as essential.
• To be the Villa 88s Brand Ambassador, Advocate and Spokesperson to both readers and the marketing and communications industry, taking ownership of everything “Emirati”
• To strategically lead and direct the editorial team on the creation and production of all editorial content; across the quarterly magazine and supplements, digital & social platforms, content used at reader events and any other brand extensions
• To manage the flatplan of each issue of the main magazine, special editions and bespoke supplements
• To understand the luxury market and be able to connect and communicate with the affluent women reading the magazine and leading a fashionable life
• To take ownership of the cover story, shoot and interview for each issue
• To recognise regional talent and create a platform to celebrate and showcase these people and brands on a regional level
• To write and edit accurate and engaging copy, displaying journalistic discipline and rigour which is aspired to by the team
• To ensure all content is exclusive, engaging and relevant to the reader
• To managing the budget to produce the magazine each issue
• To understand and work within the commercial realities of publishing in the Middle East
The position is located at ITP Head Office, Dubai Media City with tax free basic salary, medical and visa. Please send in your application with a copy of your CV and examples of your work.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.