Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
We do things a certain way… The ASOS Way. It’s our DNA and runs through every single thing we do – it defines who we are, what we do and how we do it. Some things change, these don’t.
We are passionate; we are proud to be a part of ASOS, we always give our best and we celebrate our successes.
We are customer-obsessed; we know our customers love fashion and we understand what they want, we know our stuff inside and out, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We restlessly innovate; we don’t stand still, we give it a go and we’re brave.
We are collaborative and respectful; we work together to get the job done, we grow ideas from within, we make things happen and we do the right thing.
People are the future of our business and we have really big ideas. We know we need people who can turn these ideas into reality – it’s our people that make the difference.
This role sits within the Content Team in ASOS’ head office in London. The Russian Editor (Maternity Cover) works with the content teams as well as the creative, brand marketing, trading and CRM teams. You will not have any direct reports but will need to work with our translation agencies and oversee the tone of voice for our Russian audience.
What you’ll be doing...
- Covering the Russian Editor role for 12 months.
- Translating global content across campaign moments and always-on creative marketing streams.
- Take the lead on signing off all Russian copy, ensuring it follows the house style and is appropriate for the Russian-speaking, 20-something audience.
- Assess and process translation requests from other parts of the business either within the team or through the translation agency.
- Along with the other non-English-speaking editors, work on the implementation and development of our TMS and translation agency.
- Lead all content produced on VK, being the authority on social media trends and news in Russia to create relevant content for this channel.
- Help to grow VK and assist with Facebook in the Russian market. Work with various teams to continuously evolve bespoke content that is relevant for social channels, making sure both engagement and reach steadily grow.
- Work with the social team on social reporting, rigorously tracking the performance of content across all social channels for RU.
- Ensure competitor research and customer insight are at the heart of all our output.
- Work with the campaign content teams to ensure they are aware of any market-specific details needed for any campaign activations.
- Play an active role in monitoring the translation quality across all channels and liaise with ASOS translation suppliers on ways to improve.
- Know relevant bloggers and influencers for Russia to help PR and social teams on a variety of campaigns and events.
- Work with the Senior Manager to develop and manage the content calendar for Russia. Liaise with other departments within ASOS to share this, as required.
- Working with the Global Sub Editor, to maintain the Russian tone of voice and share with the RU Customer Care advisors and our translation agencies.
We’d love to meet someone with...
Working in a small team within the wider Content department, you will be a team player with an enthusiasm to actively support the editorial vision. You will also be a creative thinker who can translate and transcreate copy quickly and brilliantly, manage multiple projects and ensure that our voice is always spot-on for the local market.
As Editor, you will be a fashion fanatic with an inexhaustible appetite for trends as well as an avid interest in the inspiring individuals who make up the fashion and beauty industries, spanning both menswear and womenswear.
Some key skills that you need...
- A fashion and writing background, ideally a degree in fashion journalism and relevant internships.
- Copywriting skills – the ability to convey a message in short snappy headlines and sells.
- Knowledge of social media trends in Russia and experience with managing a social channel.
- Excellent English skills – the ability to understand and transcreate concepts, contents and tone
of voice from English to Russian.
- Ability to work on multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- An understanding of the ASOS core customer and their shopping motivations.
- Passion for digital content and an instinct for creating content with a multi-channel approach.
- Knowledge of/interest for CMS and digital publishing.
- Understanding of online content for the fashion-forward 20-something audience.
- Passion for the brand.
Closing 14 March 2020
Assistant Digital Designer
Closing 20 March 2020
Want more Editor (Russia) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.