Editor: Online & Unseen MagazineThis job listing has expired
Unseen Amsterdam is one of the world’s leading art fairs. Unseen as a platform focuses on new photography, highlighting the most recent developments within the medium by presenting emerging talent and unseen work by established artists.
We are an established international photography platform dedicated to new photography, based in Amsterdam yet known around the world for our continued efforts to push the boundaries of a traditional photography fair. We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and creative team player with excellent writing and coordination skills.
Unseen Magazine addresses the current state of photography through a rich and discursive compendium of essays, articles, and conversations, including a wide array of interviews with artists exhibiting their work at each year’s event. The magazine thus serves a second function as catalogue for each annual edition of Unseen Amsterdam.
- As the Editor of Unseen Magazine, the function entails commissioning external writers to write features about specific topics and themes within contemporary photography
- Conduct interviews with artists presented at Unseen Amsterdam 2018 which will be featured within the Unseen Magazine’s anthology section
- Edit all articles and texts for Unseen Magazine #5
- Work closely with graphic designers, the Art Director and the Editor-in-Chief on layout for Unseen Magazine #5
- Lead a team consisting of an editorial assistant and closely liaise with the exhibitor relations manager in collecting all the images for Unseen Magazine #5
- Liaise with printers and distributors as and when required
Unseen is the leading platform for contemporary photography, focusing exclusively on what’s new in the photography world. Beyond each edition of the Unseen Amsterdam event, Unseen’s online channels represent an important aspect of our wider activities, allowing us a broader, year-round platform from which to showcase the activities of the artists, publishers, galleries and other stakeholders that make up our community.
- Develop an editorial plan/structure for 2018, including around Unseen Amsterdam 2018 and additional Unseen events throughout the year, working closely with the Head of Marketing & Communications and the Artistic Director
- Coordinate the production of a range of existing online features, as well as developing a range of new story ideas around the various stakeholders in Unseen Amsterdam (galleries, partners, collectors, artists, publishers etc.) as well as independent features highlighting specific themes within contemporary photography
- Work closely with Head of Marketing & Communications to develop a coherent social media strategy across Unseen’s online platforms, taking into account analytics, online traffic and SEO
- Work closely with Unseen’s media partners to generate interesting content ideas
- Grow a network of young writers to contribute content for Unseen’s online platforms
- Proofread and edit further Unseen communications materials, text and press releases as and when required, adapting to the Unseen style and tone of voice
- Contribute ideas towards the development of a new digital platform
- Photography skills preferred. Native English essential
This is initially a 12-month position, for between 24 - 40 hours a week. Hours to be discussed. Position available from the 1st of March 2018.
Please send your CV and motivation letter addressing the experience requirements The deadline for applications is the 15th of Feburary.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Editor: Online & Unseen Magazine jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Commissioning Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.