Editor - German Speaking
Working within Post Production, the Editor – German Programming is primarily responsible for graphics creation, customization, reversioning and cutting to clock materials for transmission. This role requires advanced graphics and editing skills utilizing Adobe After Effects and Avid Media Composer. A thorough understanding of broadcast and technical Post Production workflows is essential.
The Editor – German Programming will support the Technical Operations Supervisor in providing high levels of customer service to the various European channel teams, commissioning team for original content as well as promo teams and external clients. The Editor – German Programming will be required to highlight any client needs, edit sessions or workflow challenges/efficiencies to the Technical Operations Supervisor and other stakeholders. They may be required to work on simple compliance projects as well as working on complex GFX and language customisation projects. They will also includes Quality Assessment work. Fluent German language skills are advantageous for this role.
This is a 12 month Fixed Term Position.
- Designing and creating graphics in After Effects for broadcast in multiple regions.
- Custom motion graphics creation and compositing over picture.
- Editing content for broadcast, whether this is reversioning and customizing pre-existing content or cutting from rushes.
- Ability to offline, online and grade shows using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
- Perform edits according to Discovery tech specs, scripts, insert lists, edit instructions and style guides.
- Engage with the Reversioning, Promo and Commissioning teams to maintain the look and feel of the Discovery channels.
- Communicate queries or missing materials to Edit Bookings, the Edit Coordinators and the Edit Assistants and to other stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Programme Asset Management (PAM) and Network Operations (Net Ops) teams.
- Report any technical problems to the Post Production Engineering team.
- Train junior staff on areas like graphic design.
- Maintain QC standards of newly created materials.
- The ability to thoroughly carry out metadata entry tasks is crucial.
- An impeccable attention to detail is a must.
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed.
- Support the Technical Operations Supervisor in day to day operating duties by feeding back any issues.
- Prioritise and deal with queries as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Analyse the current workflow and propose/report anything that can be improved.
- Ensures that all aspects of Ofcom – and other relevant regulator - Codes of Practice relating to the channels are observed.
- Ad hoc duties.
- Being a fluent German speaker is advantageous.
- Perform advanced graphics work using After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Strong design skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Able to Offline and Online content for broadcast using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere.
- Grade on Media Composer (+Symphony) and Magic Bullet Looks.
- Cinema 4D is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and edit in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ideally educated to degree level or recognised equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of file-based workflows and broadcast technology.
- Good operational knowledge of editing within a broadcaster.
- Strong story telling abilities.
- Excellent understanding of video, grading and audio theory.
- Clear, concise naming, filing and organisational skills for asset management.
- A pro-active team player with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Menswear Graphic Designer
Closing 1 August 2020
Closing 4 August 2020
Want more Editor - German Speaking jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.