Editor (Feature Animation)
Position at DNEG.
Since 2014 DNEG’s Feature Animation division has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated feature films. Currently in production on major animated features we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Feature Animation at DNEG.
The Editor role is a unique position that merges the requirements and responsibilities from both VFX edit and Story edit. Working hand in hand with the Production team and Story editorial, the Feature Animation Editor is responsible for handling the internal editorial tasks required by the show, alongside an Assistant Editor.
Working alongside departmental supervisors and the Production teams, the Editor will manage ingest and client deliveries, while building and maintaining a close working relationship with the clients 1st Assist. The role requires maintaining our databases and keeping cut information up to date and well communicated out to the crew. You will coordinate the Editorial team and the project, tracking all items and processes to ensure they are completed correctly whilst keeping appraised of the schedules and turnovers of the production.
The role requires someone with a good creative eye to propose cut developments, whilst being able to actively think on their feet to mitigate any problematic situations which may arise.
- Proven experience working in either an Animation or VFX Editorial Department on high-end long-form productions (TV/Feature Films).
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge and proficiency in Avid Media Composer.
- Knowledge of other non-linear editing platforms a bonus e.g. Adobe Premiere and Final Cut.
- Good understanding of Film and HD video formats, files, frame rates and resolutions and familiarity with working with different video codecs.
- Experience encoding and transcoding and ingesting and conforming to output from the Avid.
- Good IT skills and Mac literate.
- Solid understanding of all editorial tools.
- A good understanding of the Animation process and awareness of VFX pipeline and terminology.
- Experience using shot tracking databases such as Shotgun or Filemaker.
- Experience cutting together boards and/or previs.
- Sound mixing awareness and temp foley recording not essential but experience with this would be valuable.
- Organised and a good multi-tasker.
- Flexible and self-motivated.
- Keen to learn new skills.
- A good listener and communicator.
- Good eye for detail.
- Strong team player.
- Problem Solver.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.
Chief Sub Editor – Sky News
Closing 24 November 2020
- Sky UK
Editor (12 month FTC)
Closing 25 November 2020
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.