Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
We are currently recruiting for a Photographer to join the Web team (www.riverisland.com) at our Head Office. As part of the studio team, you will assist with the photography of River Island’s repertoire of products. You will have the opportunity to be involved in innovative and eye catching photography and thereby constantly improving the shopping experience at riverisland.com.
We are looking for a talented individual who is interested in expanding their experience and developing on their existing product photography skills. You must have previous experience in fashion photography within a studio/catalogue/still life type of environment.
This opportunity is being offered on a 6 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
- Take digital images of products styled on models, mannequin and a variety of still life accessories using Capture Pro and follow photographic guidelines focusing on lighting and final image quality
- Receive creative direction and approvals from Web Team
- Prepare sets, ensuring all equipment is functioning, set up lighting, take metre readings and keep records
- Upload Digital Images
- Name and maintain digital asset file/structure organisation
- Perform quality assurance on all images
- Select final images with Stylist
- Crop digital photographic images
- Ensure colour consistency between image assets
- Write detailed retouch notes on images
- Upload assets to servers in accordance with guidelines
- Accurately archive images so that they are easily accessible
- Meet daily deadlines to prepare for new website material
- Be responsible for care and upkeep of all studio equipment, props and supplies and organise repairs when necessary
- Train and Mentor Junior team members
- Support with ad hoc duties as and when required
- 2 years previous experience in a studio environment/catalogue environment
- A strong photography portfolio that demonstrates sufficient knowledge and techniques of digital photography and lighting within E-commerce selling imagery for models, Mannequin and Accessories
- Proven experience with digital cameras and lighting.
- High technical proficiency in PhotoShop (Mac), Capture Pro and networked computers
- Good understanding of colour correction and image constraints
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work under extreme pressure to meet creative deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately and confidently and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Detail oriented
The base location for this role is at our Head Office in West London. Hanger Lane is the nearest tube station on the central line, alternatively we have a free on-site car park should driving be an option.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
- RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
- Island culture – We have a gym, subsidised restaurant & Costa, and a bargain staff shop, all onsite!
- Work that stays at work – Flexible working is a given, on top of payday early finishes and Summer Fridays
- Health Benefits – Attractive healthcare cashplan, childcare vouchers, eye vouchers, ride to work scheme, EAP and more…
- Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding[AO1]
- Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
- Holiday - 25 days paid holiday
We mentioned the discount, right?
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Photographer - 12 Month FTC
Closing 30 November 2021
- Harvey Nichols
- perm, remote, temp to perm
- £Competitive Basic Salary and Excellent Benefits
Closing 8 December 2021
- Sports Direct
Photographer/Videographer and Editor
Closing 6 December 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.