Ecommerce Fashion Art Director
Amazon Fashion is seeking a seasoned photographic Art Director with proven extensive experience within fashion ecommerce product imaging. The ideal candidate has:
· Diverse and well-rounded skill-sets across fashion image-making, stills and video.
· Ability to create inspirational, contemporary content while collaborating with a team.
· Possesses a proven ability to direct and motivate creative teams, producing informative, elevated ecommerce imagery.
· Capacity to translate briefs into inspiring creative direction.
· Exceptional presenter and visual communicator.
· Demonstrated success translating business goals by balancing quality focused imagery with productivity.
This candidate starts with the customer in mind, is innovative, understanding that the creative treatment is critical in the design of an inspirational shopping experience. They will possess a high taste level and a critical eye, with well-rounded experience within men’s and womenswear model imagery, still-life and video. The bulk of the role with center around model imagery.
This position will form part of Amazon Product Imaging which is building one of the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon Fashion is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and most recently Australia focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video, automated image acquisition, and image support services. Amazon is continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing tens of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. Amazon is obsessed with innovating on behalf of its customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
The chosen candidate will join the in-house Art Direction team for Amazon Fashion based in heart of Shoreditch, London; reporting to the Lead Art Director EU.
· Lead and collaborate with creative teams to produce commercial product imaging for 500+ brands within the EU marketplace across apparel, sports, lingerie, childrenswear and Amazon Fashion private brands.
· Plan, concept and execute elevated fashion ecommerce, still-life, and video content; direct the vision right the way through to post-production.
· Attend strategy meetings, understand and respond to customer data and imaging trends, steering the strategy of future creative directions.
· Provide clear, concise on-set direction; bring expert experience to photo shoots and effectively direct a crew from start to finish, including the building of mood-boards, awareness to on-brand casting, hair and make-up briefing, mood (look & feel), styling, lighting, shot selection, providing clear post-production direction, etc.
· Develop elevated creative treatment, effectively managing quality/productivity/scalability, budgets and timelines, allocating appropriate creative resources to projects.
· Design and manage shoot guide documentation/SOPs, style guides, and lighting specifications.
· Oversee the production of daily imaging campaigns, seasonal look books and videos to support and reinforce the vision and business objectives.
· Foster an environment of multidisciplinary collaboration, innovation and creative problem-solving.
· Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of the fashion marketplace to make decisions that will maximize the impact and effectiveness of creative voice.
Please submit CV with URL to your online portfolio or attach PDF of imagery. Recommendation: Ecommerce imagery should be included.
· Extensive professional experience as a photographic art director for fashion ecommerce, stills & video.
· A portfolio that demonstrates ability to turn ideas into a strong creative vision for fashion.
· Degree in Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Photography/Visual Communications or commensurate experience.
· Strong visual communicator with excellent aesthetic judgement, advanced presentation skills, unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness to the customer experience.
· Proven history to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines, desire and ability to work in a fast-paced online environment.
· Commercial awareness, detailed trend knowledge within the EU ecommerce marketplace, demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
· Experienced with Capture One, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
· Excellent communication and collaborative skills – ability to build and deliver concise presentations, confidently communicating striking new visual treatments.
· Meticulous eye for detail.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills overseeing the work of other creatives.
· Ability to prioritize work and manage deadlines.
· Strong written skills, drive to source data and ability to deliver business cases to drive image quality change.
· Diverse knowledge across image-making; styling, casting, photographic/video lighting and hair & make-up.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Packaging Artworker #Beauty #Lifestyle #Branding
Closing 18 September 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £200 to 250 /day
Closing 19 September 2019
- £29,000 to 41,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.