Ecommerce Art Director
Who we are
At MADE.com we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture and homewares at a fair price.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Ecommerce Art Director - working closely with our Ecommerce Creative Lead and our team of photographers, stylists and videographers - you will be responsible for producing inspiring Ecommerce imagery in line with our brand standards, in a fast paced multi set studio environment.
You will help translate the brand’s signature into beautiful Ecommerce imagery, interrogating briefs from our Product Teams, honing our creative vision and monitoring our creative output in the UK and Asia - with the potential for travel to our Asia studios in the future.
A key aspect of the role is overseeing the in house and freelance styling team, ensuring that they follow the creative guidelines as set by the Ecommerce Creative Lead and are empowered to work creatively and independently on set. You will encourage and develop the styling team. helping them to continue our styling evolution and progress in their careers. There will also be some hands on styling required.
This is your day:
- Collaborating with the Creative Lead on implementing creative for Ecommerce and special project shoots in the UK and Asia.
- Supporting the permanent and freelance styling team and styling on set as necessary.
- Liaising with product teams on core shoots and special projects.
- On set styling as necessary.
- Working with on set and external talent on replacing and refreshing the set design for our Ecommerce studio, based on brand evolution and reusing and recycling where possible.
- Researching current design trends and the marketplace.
- Overseeing our creative output and props stores in the UK and Asia.
What you’ll need:
- Portfolio demonstrating strong Art Direction and styling experience across interiors and still life photography and videography.
- 3 years + working within Ecommerce or similar industry.
- Strong creative eye with a passion for interiors.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Adaptable and unflappable.
- Experience of shooting in Asia would be an advantage.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of London!
Applications without a Portfolio will not be considered.
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Midweight Art Director
Closing 21 November 2021
- £48,000 to 50,000 per annum
Associate Creative Director
Closing 15 November 2021
- Clay Recruitment
- £70,000 to 80,000 per annum
Mid-weight Creative Team
Closing 15 November 2021
- Clay Recruitment
- £40,000 to 45,000 per annum
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.