The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients’ automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Technical Design and Integration (TDI) team. Working closely with multiple departments across the business from Product Development and IT through to external Architects and Structural Engineers, the TDI team create detailed Technical CAD designs and drawings during the design phase of Ocado’s multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world.
What will you be doing?....
- Creation of technical documentation including technical design guides and user manuals.
- Work closely with design & integration teams to create reference materials to describe the processes required to bring together the Ocado design.
- Collect, review, edit and manage the content of these technical documents that will support existing staff and be used as training material for new starters.
- Required to manage version control and effectively communicate revisions within the document to the team.
- A proven ability to write clear and concise documentation.
- Excellent written & spoken English skills with an eye for detail.
- The ability to collaborate with Technical Designers to obtain the information needed and coordinate on content messaging.
- A confident self-starter who naturally takes ownership, looks for opportunities, and drives results.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Want more Document Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.