Director of Product Design
Twitter is seeking an exceptional leader to play a vital role in setting and driving Twitter’s strategic design vision. Reporting directly to the Head of Design and Research, this person will manage and develop a team of sophisticated and creative design professionals, foster a culture of product design-led thinking to enable Twitter to reach its business goals, and collaborate closely with product, engineering, and marketing leadership to create a world-class user experience for our millions of global users. This role can be based in San Francisco, New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle, Atlanta, Austin, or in any one of our US offices.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and develop a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Twitter has extremely beautifully designed products with cutting edge UX and UI design.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering leadership to drive Twitter’s growth as the public conversation layer of the internet.
- Improve the team’s understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices. Establish and drive a user-centered design culture with a strategy that is aligned with Twitter’s OKRs.
- Bring operational rigor and excellence to managing the function including resourcing decisions.
- Increase the visibility and role of the product design team's function within the organization.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate will be a sophisticated leader and people manager. They will have a history of building and leading teams that successfully apply design-led thinking across an organization to everything from app design to internal programs. With superior relationship and collaboration skills, this person will be seen as an impactful leader in the consumer design community, a thought partner with a commitment to products that deliver fantastic user experience, and a rigorous operational executive with a bold and innovative aesthetic. They will be known for taking well-calculated risks and having a deep understanding of the product development process.
If this role sounds like a great match:
- 7-10+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams.
- Successful track record of building and implementing sustainable and scalable product design frameworks.
- A risk-taker with a bold vision and passion for great design.
- Proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team. Has a large network of strong design talent.
- Wide-ranging consumer design experience including apps.
- Technically adept and familiar with UI and UX trends on iOS, Android, and the web.
- Experience directing brand, visual, and user experience/product design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms.
- Experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product.
- A proponent of a rigorous User-Centered Design process with a deep appreciation for quality and consistency.
- Experience running product design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering managers and product leaders.
- Experience managing a P&L and meeting delivery goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Executive presence combined with strong conviction to make decisions fearlessly.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
UX Director - Venmo
Closing 10 December 2019
- San Francisco
Visual UX Designer
Closing 11 December 2019
- Micro Focus
- Santa Clara
Want more Director of Product Design jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.