Director, Social Media Strategy & Analytics
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
The Social and Media Analyst will be responsible for delivering campaign insights and data analyses pulled from numerous digital & social tools including native social platforms as well as from theatrical campaign results to inform campaign strategies. The individual will need to keep up to date with a list of tools and sources which will growth as the landscape and technology evolves.
Successful candidates will be analytical, familiar with social listening, analytics and publishing tools, can find actionable insights through social & digital data, have experience across social platforms, is curious, self-motivated and collaborative. Due to the dynamic nature of the social space coupled with the fast pace of entertainment, he/she must be able to quickly pivot from one topic area to the next.
Campaign Insights Development (50-60%).
- Director manages/oversees the collection and analysis of social & digital conversation/marketing data and develops strategy recommendation for Home Ent and TV Social & DM campaigns.
- Director collaborates with the DM creative team to develop social platform & content strategies for upcoming releases in alignment with overall DM strategies by tapping into platform insights and theatrical learnings.
- With the support of an analyst, he/she will work with third party vendors & tools for social & digital metric analyses via reports & dashboards. This includes listening tools to do sentiment analyses. Sentiment analyses is critical during strategy development stage but also as the campaign progresses to monitor consumer feedback.
Campaign Optimization/Test & Learn Agenda (20-30%).
- Director runs the Marketing Mix Model developed by an internal data analytics team and works to help improve the model’s accuracy through continued refinement.
- Director supports campaign optimization by data and real time dashboard. In partnership with the digital media & marketing teams, the director will provide recommendations for platform, creative, budget optimization.
- Director will work closely with the media & creative team to help set up test parameters for creative and media optimization.
- Will develop & maintain a test & learn agenda for how to utilize digital tools to support overall creative testing roadmap.
Campaign Implementation & Reporting (15-25%).
- Publishes wrap reports for campaigns using digital/social results at week 1 and week 8 post release
- Occasionally on smaller budget titles, the digital analytics team will manage self-serve buys across key platforms including but not limited to Facebook, IG, Amazon, Youtube, Search etc.
Real Time Social Guru (<5-10%).
- Stay on top of trending topics to provide zeitgeist opportunities relevant to new or catalog titles within SPHE library to take advantage of immediately.
Preferred Education: BA or BS.
Supervisory Responsibility: 1 direct report.
Preferred Years of Experience: 5+ years of Digital/Social Analytics for brand or via platform or agency, Digital/Social/Programmatic media, Digital Marketing at entertainment brand or agency.
Fiscal Responsibility: Some impact, Participates or advises management.
Education, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
- The digital media/marketing landscape.
- Social listening tools; preferably Crimson Hexagon.
- Social analytics methodologies, KPI’s, platforms.
- Entertainment studio marketing process.
- Digital Reporting Tools including ComScore, DoubleClick, NetRatings Suite, Facebook Insights, Google/YouTube Analytics, Adobe Omniture, Tableau.
- Digital media/marketing background or knowledge.
- Well versed across native social insights and reporting including Facebook Audience Insights, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram Insights, Twitter Advertising and Insights, Snap Ads, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- Experience running paid social campaigns on Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snap, AdWords, Reddit, etc
- Digital publishing landscape.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration and communication skills including verbal, written and presentation.
- Analytics and problem-solving; proactive in surfacing strategic insights and recommendations without being asked.
- Early adopter of new digital platforms and trends, with fierce curiosity of ''what's next?''.
- Self-starter and competitive desire to discover viral content before your friends and major news sites.
- Organization and Project Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Google Docs.
- Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Think creatively to support projects and initiatives with little direction.
- Analyze and apply large amounts of data to improve results.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Converse, Concept Designer II
Closing 13 August 2019
Social Media/Community Lead
Closing 13 August 2019
Want more Director, Social Media Strategy & Analytics jobs?
Want to find more Digital Strategists jobs, Data/Traffic Analyst jobs, Digital Analyst jobs, Usability Analyst jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.