Director, Social & Editorial
We are looking for someone amazing to lead our Social team, and help define and manage how the Twitter brand shows up in real, conversational, breakthrough ways. From @Twitter to @TwitterMusic, on Twitter and in other channels, you will lead our brand presence in ‘social’ channels, setting strategy, managing day-to-day content operations, driving best practices, and being the guardian of our brand.
Twitter isn’t like other brands. We’re where all voices come together, where unique conversations happen every day. Twitter is what’s happening in the world, and what people are talking about right now. We have our own distinct story to tell, but we’re also host to the most amazing conversations in the world. We want to elevate and thank the people who use us. Spark conversations that highlight what unites us. Make the platform and world feel a little smaller. And yes, we want to tell the story of Twitter’s purpose and product innovation. These things might be donuts, summoning circles, Serena Williams or the launch of Retweet with GIF. You get to lead Social at Twitter, no big deal.
This job reports to the Global Head of Brand & Social.
What you’ll be doing:
- Setting Twitter’s social strategy, in close collaboration with our Global Head of Brand. How we act, how we sound, where we show up.
- Managing and building a global team of strategists, conversation managers and writers who build the Twitter brand through conversation every single day.
- Elevating the voice of the user, modeling the best behavior on the platform, and helping to launch new products and initiatives.
- Leading our flagship accounts (e.g. @Twitter) on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc, ensuring we have a clear purpose and strategy in each.
- Setting best practice for hundreds of other channels, on Twitter and off.
- Developing the correct model for central vs. local management of channels.
- Working closely with in-house teams and external agencies to develop larger, more breakthrough content activations that exude our brand.
- Implementing technology and processes that enable us to operate around the world at the speed of Twitter. You will help us be more nimble, and more global in our outlook and actions.
- You are a passionate Twitter user who has a deep understanding of the value Twitter can provide, and really wants to help us tell our story.
- You have held similar positions and managed large social/content teams for the most innovative brands or news organization in the world.
- High degree of personal and professional familiarity with Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube etc.
- You know how to build geographically dispersed teams that are still highly connected and aligned.
- You have very strong editorial sensibilities, from setting tone to having great taste when it comes to ensuring content is on tone (and strategy).
- You likely have experience running large campaigns or content activations, in your current role, or a past life.
- You must be analytical, and able to both learn from and utilize data to build strategy and tell stories.
- You have a strong understanding of brand strategy with relevent experience helping to define and build brands.
- You are comfortable working in a very fast paced environment where change is a constant. We operate at the speed of Twitter. You need to enjoy this.
- 10+ years experience working in social/content/marketing.
- In addition to agency and brand experience, you have likely held similar positions in tech or content organizations.
- Fun. We work hard, but it’s fun, and never dull.
“We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.”
“San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”
Associate Legal News Editor
Closing 16 August 2019
- RELX Group
- New York
Social Media/Community Lead
Closing 13 August 2019
Want more Director, Social & Editorial jobs?
Want to find more Content Director jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.