Director, Digital Content Production - Discovery CommunicationsThis job listing has expired
For over 30 years Discovery, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer, has been satisfying curiosity and entertaining viewers with high-quality content through its global brands. We are seeking a Director, Digital Content to ideate and create new short and mid form content for various social platforms. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success developing digital shows and driving audience scale and engagement. This role will be responsible for the development and production of shows across the Discovery portfolio of network brands: Science, Animal Planet, Discovery, TLC, ID, Velocity, AHC, Destination America and Discovery Life.Responsibilities:
1. Create new and exciting social/digital media content to build and engage followers and audiences
2. Pitch and help produce social segments for various social platforms such as Facebook, Snapchat, digital and social programming
3. Evaluate analytics to improve performance on branding and engagement goals
4. Partner and build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, at production companies and with Facebook and Snapchat
5. Lead a small but mighty high-performing, results driven team to create these new shows for the Digital organization
* 8 years of experience working at a large media company
* Management experience is a must
* Have grit and not take no for an answer
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills
* Must have familiarity with and / or fluency in digital production: shooting, editing, post and design.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of work experience and education
* Must have legal right to work in the US
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Want more Director, Digital Content Production - Discovery Communications jobs?
Want to find more Head of Digital jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Director jobs, Content Manager jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs, Head of Production jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.