Director Design NEO APP - Adidas
At adidas, every day is a chance to flip the script. An invitation to take everything we know and re-invent it. Do it better. Never settling for good enough. Every day we get up, invent, adapt, improvise, find new ways to collaborate, and do the unexpected. We’re creators, makers and doers. Helping athletes make a difference, not just in their games, but in their lives and in their world. It’s an obsession.
We’ve been doing this for more than 65 years. With an unmatched history and tradition of creating iconic products, consumer connections and experiences, we’ve been defining sport culture since the beginning. And we’re never done. Come be a part of shaping the future together with us.
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Lead and establish a team and help create the seasonal creative direction of the respective Category together with the Design Director. Maintain and nurture the design, material and color direction with the Design team.
- Develop the seasonal Direction of the Category according to market trends as well as overall Design Direction and ensure consistency though products and ranges
- Be at a global forefront of design trends and innovation as well as their application
- Steer and drive the conceptualization process within of the category
- Manage a team toward Category’s objectives and implement process changes
- Steer and coach team members and their creative processes and drive development of direct reports.
- Inspire and motivate teams to pursue cutting edge ideas that are innovative and original in the market, by researching functional criteria for product and product concepts and outlining area of innovation
- Ensure the correct execution of Corporate Identity guidelines and against legal restrictions within the category.
- Verbally present category strategies with clarity and expertise.
- Disseminate Design Strategy into category and x-functional teams
- Create professional level presentations of ideas; from loose sketch to detailed renderings to Digital Presentation
- Ensure efficient processes and communication between external and internal teams
- Design Directors, Creative Directors
- Team members
- Brand Communications
- Retail, C2C
- External partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Profound knowledge of fashion product and fashion design/industrial product or industrial design
- Innovative and collaborative leader and coach
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills
- High level of initiative & maturity
- Ability to inspire, think creatively and strategically as well as to act tactically
- Problem solving attitude & can-do personality
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- IT skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Word, PowerPoint: advanced /Outlook
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in a relevant Design subject or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 8 years practical experience in a relevant area
- Minimum of 3 years of management including team leadership
Want more Director Design NEO APP - Adidas jobs?
Want to find more Creative Director jobs, Design Director jobs, Executive Creative Director jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Fashion Creative Director jobs, Fashion Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.