Director, Design - HOKA
Under the leadership of Vice President of Product, serve as the authority for creativity overseeing footwear and apparel.
As the Director of Design, you will lead the Creative team to look to the future to conceptualize what comes next for HOKA and a world of athletes. Inspire a team to push the boundaries of design to create industry leading, performance based commercial product solutions.
Have a mastery of Industrial Design and creative experience across multiple related functions or areas in a major athletic brand. A highly organized leader with the ability to create structure and prioritize goals.
Serve as the face of Design and an Industry expert for the HOKA brand across footwear and apparel. Represent the brand at Industry events, present design strategy across the Global Organization at key milestone meetings.
Partner closely with the triad leadership in Product Management, Product Development and Innovation to maximize HOKA’s expression in the market through creation of best-in-class performance product that unlocks brand value, inspires consumer engagement, and delivers commercial results.
Champion a team culture that forwards Deckers’ values and vision for an employee-centric organization that puts our people first; Actively foster an environment where employees trust the people they work with, take pride in the work they do, and inspire each other to reach their full potential - because they know they are contributing to something greater than themselves.
Perform continuous critical analysis of design and go to market process; develop, tailor, and refine operational approach to continuously improve design standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute the long-term strategic product design direction for the HOKA brand.
- Develop mid to long term design/creative strategy to achieve key business objectives.
- Define and oversee product design and creative process, from concept through design to bio-mechanics testing and validation, to the confirmation sign-off.
- Work with VP and Directors on 3-year product strategy road-map that includes footwear and apparel.
- Provide authoritative advice to top management.
- Lead presentations with strong verbal and visual execution, while clearly communicating design vision.
- Represent the brand at key Industry functions and product launch events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years related design experience within the Sports Industry for a performance brand.
- 5+ years of Management.
- Mastery of Microsoft Applications, MAC OS, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop, Romans CAD.
- Advance-level ability to prepare and present information and respond to questions from management, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Expert ability to create technical drawings and demonstrate knowledge of biomechanics, foams and compounds and construction of performance running footwear and apparel.
- Complete knowledge of interdependency between design and development processes, and ability to drive collaboration between groups; ability to conceptualize and translate from 2D to 3D.
- Highly motivated team leader and self-starter; ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Excellent verbal, visual, and written communication skills and problem-solving abilities, Strong story-telling skills, with ability to create compelling design stories and themes.
- Experience working effectively in complex global organizations, satisfying the needs of diverse constituents, and often working under the pressure of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, ability to lead and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, deadline and process driven, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Advanced understanding of product design, construction techniques, and CAD capabilities, and understanding of color and materials.
- Ability to train and develop team members based on individual talents, and support internal career path and development.
- Experience mentoring and providing regular feedback to team members that foster skill development and performance improvement including tough conversations.
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and delegate work.
- Ability to deliver and receive constructive feedback on design and creative concepts.
- Lead outsourced partners/vendors through clear and consistent coaching and development.
- Travel with the team to factories across the globe, vendor meetings, sales meetings, select trade shows, and significant retail regions/districts.
- Partner with Innovation Team & Color & Materials to incorporate new concepts into seasonal themes and designs.
- Apply market research, trend and consumer insights, and knowledge to interpret product briefs from the product team to select materials, and actively creates and presents new innovative concepts.
- Foster a team culture that inspires people to innovate fearlessly, push the boundaries of what exists today and look to the future to create new experiences for a world of athletes.
- Instill and reinforce the highest standards for collaboration and teamwork within HOKA and across the Deckers’ brand portfolio, with the goals of identifying synergies, fostering idea sharing and establish common goals for profitable growth and continuous innovation.
- Develop, motivate, mentor and retain top talent; engage the HOKA team in ways that will facilitate the achievement of HOKA’s strategic objectives, as well as individual professional development plans.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and practices across functions to promote a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork across departments to achieve business results.
Internship, Run/Train Apparel Design
Closing 26 May 2020
Internship, Color And Material Design
Closing 26 May 2020
Want more Director, Design - HOKA jobs?
Want to find more Design Director jobs, Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Design Director jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Director jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.