Director Content Operations – North America Digital Commerce
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to social media, digital marketing and the retail store experience, our teams at NIKE Digital are reimagining how design and technology meet to serve consumers more directly and personally. We invest in cutting-edge technologies and work with the most creative people in the world. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
At Nike, we recognize our Operations function as a source of competitive advantage. As our Content Operations Director, you'll work closely with senior leadership to direct the operational planning and delivery process for consumer digital content, report on monthly/quarterly results and opportunities, create 1-3+ year strategic operational plans, and shepherd the development and implementation of high-priority strategic operational initiatives.
You will partner closely with teams across digital brand, commerce, membership, merchandising, technology and global brand to advance Nike’s long-term strategic operational agenda for content creation and delivery. You will also lead the operational implementation of a cross-functional team; catalyzing planning and follow through across our portfolio of Nike Direct Digital channels. You will identify, lead and help orchestrate special projects that evaluate critical operational priorities and opportunities, and catalyze action against these priorities through short and long-range business planning and performance management.
- Lead the creation and development of a long-term strategic vision for the Nike Direct Content Operations function.
- Serve as an influential member of an integrated, x-functional brand and commerce offense passionate about athletes, the consumer, and pushing the business forward that will impact overall growth and scale.
- Nurture a culture of innovation and continuous improvement across the organization, establishing premier working models.
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the brand marketing and content delivery functions are set up for success to deliver on seasonal objectives.
- Lead a team of embedded category, brand and content managers, project managing seasonal planning and follow through.
- Measure and enhance the implementation/operation of digital content planning and follow through across Nike’s suite of digital channels, from a seasonal perspective, and day-to-day.
- Work with cross-functional partners to ensure initiative seasonal milestones are met and workflows are adhered to.
- Ensure critical capabilities and solutions are developed and optimized in lock-step with business needs, in service of long-term strategic goals and built for speed and scale.
- Lead the geo operations onboarding of new branded content capabilities.
- Work closely with other geographies to ensure Global to Geo processes are established and optimized.
- Bachelors degree or additional work experience in lieu of degree.
- 10+ years of professional experience including leadership of digital content lifecycle and process improvement.
- Experience leading teams in the operations and maintenance of digital channels in a branded content and/or e-commerce environment.
- Ability to influence & drive change throughout the organization.
- Proven leadership experience turning a corporate or global vision into reality and leading a strategic center of excellence.
- Project leadership – design, build and execute against a complex roadmap.
- Expertise in process design and change management, specifically within a brand and/or retail operations function.
- Demonstrated skill in managing business stakeholders and vendor partners via clear, concise and structured communications.
- Proven ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment.
- Track record working in a team environment to define and align strategies, roadmaps and priorities
- Demonstrated experience managing, coaching and inspiring a team.
- Multi-territory expertise and background leading across time zones.
- Strong influencing and presentation skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary for developing and delivering strategies to executive level management.
- Results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and passion for excellence.
- Proven ability to apply creative and strategic thinking to marketing programs and campaigns.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in gathering key metrics and applying insights to support decisions.
- Able to manage multiple projects and initiatives while driving accountability on day-to-day operations.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Writing, Intern 2020
Closing 9 January 2020
- San Francisco
Director, Content Strategy
Closing 9 January 2020
- San Bruno
Want more Director Content Operations – North America Digital Commerce jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Content Director jobs, Content Manager jobs, Head of Content jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.