Digital Video Producer, 4Studio Productions (12mth FTC)
4Studio is the engine room for C4’s digital acceleration strategy, with the mission to create, adapt and distribute brilliant content across the key social media channels. We work very closely with key people and departments within C4 to make this a success.
4Studio is based in C4’s new National HQ in Leeds and is a key component of C4’s regional strategy, creating creative job opportunities outside London and expanding the diversity of the company’s creative contribution.
In order to generate the world class social media content that is needed to make C4 the market leader in digital presence and innovation, we need a world class creative and content team. The Digital Video Producer will be a core part of that team.
We’re looking for an experienced digitally minded video producer with a wide range of experience creating short form content. With demonstratable experience in creating engaging, shareable & quality short form video within a fast-paced environment.
Working alongside a dedicated in-house development team, you will work with the team to turn greenlit ideas into bespoke video strands. You’ll be creating proactive content that builds awareness and affinity for Channel 4’s channels and programmes through established and emerging social media platforms and developing commissioned ideas into creative content.
The Digital Video Producer requires a wealth of experience and a passion and strong knowledge of what works across the digital content spectrum, especially for youth-skewing content. They should be an expert in delivering projects on time, on budget and to brief as well as filming on location and leading on all stages of production from idea creation through to delivery. Organisation, attention to detail and communication skills are as important as editorial experience.
This role is based in the new National HQ in Leeds and the successful applicant will be required to liaise with the broader team on any given project including the Commercial team, the Digital Commissioners and 4Studio Social Media Managers, as well as with other C4 departments, to ensure as coherent an approach as possible.
- Working with our inhouse development to create Original Social Content.
- Working with the wider 4Studio Production team (shooter/editors, production management as well as our assistant producers and researchers) to ensure the project runs smoothly from start to finish.
- Liaising with internal teams and Channel 4 commissioners regarding the editorial and production of the content.
- You’ll ideally have experience producing a wide range of different social media content types and working with creative teams who execute them.
- Lots of ideas to make each production better than the last
- The ability to take a format on paper and translate it into a production.
- Yes, it’s a cliché, but you’re a ‘social native’ and you know the difference between a hit and a miss, even at the idea stage. You’ll know your Tik Toks from your YT Shorts, and understand behaviours of audiences online.
- Experience with branded content and working with clients a bonus
- Experience making youth focused entertainment content a bonus
- You would ideally be familiar with the Ofcom code and broadcast regulations so that you don’t waste your time on great ideas that turn out to be illegal.
- You will need to be tonally versatile as your team will be making content for Channel 4, E4 and All 4 social accounts and work with a wide variety of brands.
- Our target audience are a diverse bunch and Channel 4 exists to promote diversity. You will need to be empathetic towards our audiences and be able to interact with them in ways that feel natural to them – and most importantly, help produce packages to ensure their stories are being told authentically.
- You will be required to manage the, sometimes competing, demands of key stakeholders and clients. Cool under pressure and excellent powers of persuasion are required.
- You’ll need experience of working to strict budgets.
- You won’t be responsible for reporting, but you should still be interested in results, be able to report them and use results to inform your future work.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Technical & Professional Skills:
- A wealth of editorial experience and strong editorial judgement, with experience of creating quality social video from ideation to execution.
- Must have a good knowledge of all areas of video creation, from development to risk assessments, beat sheets to delivery.
- A range of proven experience of the production of digital video, ideally original production.
- Experience of working for a broadcaster, brand or in an agency environment.
- Proven experience of generating ideas that generate strong results for reach and engagement.
- Must be socially native, with a strong understanding of what content audiences engage with online applying this knowledge to productions.
- Prior experience of producing creative projects to comply with a green lit brief.
- Important to keep up to date with creative and digital / social media trends and have a passion for cutting edge creative and innovation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of processes, workflows, tools and methodologies.
- Must have an understanding of post-production processes including delivering assets to a variety of technical specifications.
- A confident self-shooter or editor would be a bonus.
- Ability to travel to locations in the UK and abroad if required.
- Driving licence a bonus.
- This role will require the applicant to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Should be confident in making creative, technical and budgetary decisions.
- Works on broad variety of matters within the content spectrum, and will sometimes be required to produce an online production with limited time, talent and budget.
- Must be highly organised.
- Ability to find, negotiate with and manage local resource (production companies, video editors, motion graphics artists, designers, production assistants etc.) when required.
- Management and development of Assistant Producer(s) may be required.
- Will manage entire workflow from ideation through to final delivery.
- Proven experience of establishing close working relationships (will be required to build relationships with C4’s departments, agencies and suppliers) and able to communicate with differing departments to meet differing demands.
- Must be willing to travel between their “home” location and other C4 offices as and when required.
- Works regularly with a mixture of people from managers, immediate team, and third-party suppliers.
- Must be collaborative in their approach.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to face a regular mixture of routine and non-routine problems in the role.
- Can demonstrate resilience and remains calm under pressure.
- Must be a proactive problem solver.
Application questions to complete:
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you:
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Channel 4’s purpose is to create change through entertainment; by representing unheard voices, challenging with purpose and delivering content which reflects the diversity of different communities across the UK.
We are only able to deliver on this remit by having a workforce rich in diversity of thought, background and lived experience. As an employer we encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and do not discriminate based on disability, age, gender reassignment, gender expression, criminal history, length of time spent unemployed, marriage or civil partnership status, national origin, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation.
Disability Confident Scheme:
Channel 4 is a member of the Business Disability Forum (BDF) and has also maintained the highest level of the Department of Work and Pension's Disability Confident scheme - Level 3: Leader. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, we aim to offer an interview to all candidates who have a neurodiverse condition, impairment or long-term condition and who meet the essential criteria for an advertised job. If you wish your application to be considered under the Disability Confident Scheme, please select yes when completing the application questions. For more information, please visit the Disability Confident Campaign website.
Care Leaver Friendly Employer:
Channel 4 is a Care Leaver Friendly Employer. By signing the Care Leaver Friendly Employer Charter and adopting its principles, we are supporting an immensely talented yet often under-served and under-represented community of young people/ adults. We commit to offering an interview (and constructive feedback) to applicants who identify as care experienced and meet the essential criteria for the role as outlined on the job description. Applicants should indicate if they wish to apply under our Care Leaver Scheme by selecting the option on the application form.
We are committed to providing disabled applicants a level playing field when applying for a job and support whilst employed to perform to the best of their ability and develop their careers. If you have a neurodiverse condition, impairment or long-term condition and require any adjustments, additional support or alternative arrangements during the recruitment and wish to discuss this confidentially, please let us know
Other jobs you may be interested in
Executive Producer, Continuing Drama
Closing 25 September 2023
- ITV Studios
Output Producer, Sky News
Closing 22 October 2023
- Sky UK
- perm, freelance, temp to perm, part time
Closing 23 October 2023
- London, Remote
- perm, remote
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.