Digital UX/Visual Designer
- The RBWM strategy has a stated objective to make HSBC an upper quartile/decile provider of digital services to RBWM customers. Over the next 5 years this strategy will increase the percentage of Digitally active RBWM customers in excess of 500% (c.70% from current 15%).
- As part of HSBC’s RBWM Digital Strategy, markets continue to build their local digital teams and capability to build world class digital products and features as well as ensure we maximise our opportunities for customer engagement through our digital channels and staff.
- Support UX/UI design activity to create ‘Best In Class’ experiences for the Public Websites, Internet Banking, Share dealing and Mobile (including future channels/devices).
- Undertake all aspects of design activity from concept to customer testing to produce UCD deliverables (including initial sketches, wireframes, clickable prototypes) in line with Global and Regional Digital orderbook and in conjunction with other Digital teams.
Impact on Business/Function:
- Undertake and support team in creation of ‘best in class’ channel propositions and services following user centred design techniques and industry best practice, including research and customer usability testing, briefing and managing agencies where appropriate.
- Support development of concept designs and clickable prototypes to support stakeholder engagement and illustrate early design thinking. Provide SME support in all aspects of UCD across the Analysis and Design functions.
- Build strong relationships, adopting a joined up approach to execute change at pace with minimum conflict.
- Stakeholders include, but not limited to the following:
Global Head of Design - HDS.
Operating Team Leads across EMEA, ASP and Americas.
Global and Regional Digital Heads.
Cross-Functional Team Leads.
Leadership & Teamwork:
- Be an effective team player through communication, performance management, development plans and reward/recognition practices.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement in customer experience and functionality deployment.
- Seeks opportunities to integrate, simplify and streamline activity through involvement of teams in the geographic and functional matrix.
- Works in a facilitative manner to build capability in progressing objectives, but does not lose sight of the profitability and productivity outcomes.
- Acts in a manner that transparently promotes the organisation’s values and delivers in an aligned manner.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control:
- Produce a well-defined recruitment plans, identifying the key milestones and assigning responsibilities/resources where appropriate.
- Communicate plans with key stakeholders.
- Regular review to identify key risks, issues and interdependencies. Determine and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Ensure an equal and balanced focus is maintained on operating and regulatory risks and ensure the Virtual Management Team positively identifies and mitigates these in a manner that protects the Brand.
- Ensure regular and positive engagement with key support functions such as Risk, Compliance and HR to ensure alignment of policies and plans necessary to deliver a demanding transformation benefit target.
- Implementation of Global Standards, Financial Crime Compliance and Risk considerations in an aligned manner within the context of the RBWM strategy through operational practice and planned activity.
Local Job Requirements:
- The jobholder will interact with multiple RBWM teams at Global, Regional and Country level in order to ensure the most rapid and efficient development of digital requirements and readiness of the business to adopt.
- Work closely digital design leadership on digitally led and non-digitally led projects to deliver investment of across the in-scope markets.
- Effective user centred design activity will enable targeted business benefit realization.
Management of Risk:
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of all customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours required to support the Best Place to Bank principles as in the UK and other market equivalents of Make Better Products, Sell Them Properly and Keep Them Sold.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls:
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
- Strong understanding of Digital business, while experience with travel, lifestyle, and/or other consumer product development is a strong advantage.
- Possess a blend of business and technical savvy; ability to drive strategy into action.
- An entrepreneurial drive, with the ability to deconstruct and solve problems, to investigate drivers and figure out why things happen.
- Proven ability to build strong relationship across stakeholder groups with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organisation.
- Customer focussed, results based approach, able to deliver to deadlines.
- Demonstrates flexibly when addressing shifting or competing priorities.
- Proven ability to influence large teams without direct leadership authority.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferable.
- Strong Analytical and Presentation skills.
- Energetic, positive attitude and team player.
- Strong commercial focus, ability to balance risks vs. rewards and maximize cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal, to explain complex or technical issues.
- Pragmatic decision making skills, with the ability to make clear judgments and understand the implications.
- High level of resilience and self-motivation.
- (UX) – Experienced in User Centred Design methodology and its practical implementation.
- (UX) – Skilled in the use of prototyping tools, flash and rich media.
- (UX) – Experience of working with and managing agencies particularly usability testing.
- (UX) – Knowledge of interaction design and information architecture disciplines, creating wireframes, site maps, user workflows, personas and prototypes.
- (UX) – Understanding of user research and user testing methods and translate the research findings into design solutions.
- (UX) – Experience of reviewing existing digital solutions and provide expert user experience analysis.
- (UX) – Work with the business to clarify the requirements for a piece of work and the problem trying to be solved.
- (UI) – Understanding of layout and typography and meticulous attention to design detail.
- (UI) – Working knowledge of responsive design.
- (UI) – Understanding of modular/atomic design.
- (UI) – Working knowledge of native UI design.
- (UI) – Knowledge of (rapid) prototyping tools and techniques.
- (UI) – Experienced working in an agile/scrum development project environment(UX).
Experience Designer - API
Closing 28 September 2019
Closing 4 October 2019
- TUI Group
- Stockton on Tees
Want more Digital UX/Visual Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Web Designer jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.