Digital Publishing Editor
We are looking for the next member of our network breaking news and content editing team. The team works with all of Reach Plc's regional news titles to provide breaking news and content editing support.
This is a senior role where you will be working with our existing team of Digital Publishing Editors to deliver high-quality content across the network and provide support for the regional Live sites. This includes managing content from creation through to social.
You'll also be monitoring social media feeds, traffic and travel feeds, tip-off feeds and more to ensure the largest stories are covered on our Live Network.
This role has a varied shift pattern which will include day shifts, late-night shifts and weekend work.
This is not a location-dependent role.
So, who are we?
Hello, we are Reach! You might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people.
We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- Writing Live News content for our network of Live sites
- Monitoring social media feeds, traffic and travel feeds, tip-off feeds and more to ensure the largest stories are covered in the evening on our Live Network
- Providing desk-based support to process content, add additional reporting and run live updates for our newsrooms throughout the evening period to maximise audience
- Writing copy and running live updates to SEO guidelines and industry-leading best practice
- Writing video-led stories and picture-led stories from the biggest stories across our Network
- Providing Live News support on pre-planned evening news events
The Ideal Candidate:
- Senior qualified journalists who are no stranger to a newsroom
- Have a passion for content creation, story sourcing and social media
- Understand analytics, and how to use them in the context of content commissioning
- Experienced with content management, with a good eye for a story, you’ll also demonstrate a sound understanding of editorial strategy and brand values.
- Driven, determined and flexible as you’ll be working on a shift pattern across evenings and weekends. Strong communication and presentation skills
- Up to date knowledge of media law and IPSO code.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Homeworking flexibility
- Inclusion Networks and Champions, giving all employees a voice
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Editorial Manager
Closing 24 November 2021
- River Island
- £Competitive + Benefits
Editor / Senior Editor - Children's Fiction and Non-fiction
Closing 8 October 2021
Social Editor, Video
Closing 24 November 2021
- LADbible Group
- Manchester, London / Flexible Remote
- perm, from remote
Want more Digital Publishing Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.