Digital Products, UX Designer
Tesla’s Digital Design team focuses on the global sales and delivery customer touch points for web, app and in-store digital products with a focus on mobile first and is seeking an outstanding Senior User Experience Designer for our e-commerce, digital product experiences. The Senior UX Designer will be responsible for researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new user experiences that will define the future of energy & vehicles in a way that has never been done before. Our digital experiences will transform the way consumers learn about and purchase our energy and transportation products.
In this role, you will be a key contributor and collaborate with business owners, product owners, designers, content strategists, developers and project managers. Deliverables will include, design mockups, experience flows, prototyping, design presentations, production of visual assets, process design and development, and follow up for proper implementation.
Candidates should possess exceptional design skills, creative problem-solving skills, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as user-centered design principals. The applicant must have an affinity for minimal design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. A strong ability to distill complex problems into simple, elegant solutions is key to success at Tesla. We are a fast-paced company with an entrepreneurial spirit, so the majority of the work will be focused on innovating original and creative content and application, as well as final deliverables and solutions that work in the real world.
You will define how a user experiences the most advanced vehicle and energy solutions in existence.
- Develop pixel perfect comps and assets for all projects.
- Create and influence decisions that implement a design language that is consistent throughout the Tesla UI platform (in-car, mobile, web, in-store, and more).
- Strategically imagine, conceive of, manage, and drive UI design projects from concept to implementation.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and finds creative solutions that distinguish the experience from competition and position Tesla as the best e-commerce experience in the world.
- Ensures both cross-functional alignment and also multiple design team alignment to the experience vision and “North Star” experience.
- Ownership of large company initiatives and digital experiences.
- Develops creative design solutions to business needs and customer problems.
- Act as liaison to provide feedback and ensure design integrity of projects between design teams, product teams, leadership, developers and project managers.
- Analyze and interpret recommendations from other business groups in order to prioritize functions and develop a project roadmap with project managers.
· Inspires cross function team members to embrace challenging relationships and goals.
- Constantly measures how designs are performing and iterates to improve experiences. Influences team roadmaps to include experience improvements when opportunities arise.
- Invests in building relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups. Build a strong network across Tesla, globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design, web design, interaction design, UI/UX Design, HCI or evidence of exceptional design ability.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing UI/UX and visual design work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling.
- 8+ years’ work experience creating, leading and advocating for world-class experiences for mobile, web, TV or other digital devices. Knowledge of global design best practices a plus.
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools.
- Ability to prototype in Principle, Flinto, Framer or other prototyping tools is a must.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes. Experienced and comfortable with presenting work to executives and large groups. Strong ability to communicate complicated concepts and bring clarity to stakeholders and team members.
- Experienced in influencing and driving decision-making across the company. Strong ability to influence leadership and teams in reviews with customer story telling. Strong ability to collect inputs and data to back designs.
- You have an ability to resolve and remove roadblocks to help teams deliver on necessary outcomes, avoid churn and strengthen relationships between individuals and teams.
Senior Designer - Women's Woven Tops
Closing 9 August 2019
- San Francisco
Junior Brand Digital Designer - DC Shoes
Closing 14 August 2019
- Boardriders Inc.
- Huntington Beach
Want more Digital Products, UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.