Digital Product Owner
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job:
As a Product Owner in Digital, you will be working closely with commercial, operations, marketing and the data and digital team to build best-in-class digital products for our customers.
The role involves supporting the Road Product Owner in delivering the digital development roadmap for the breakdown cover product, working with delivery teams and stakeholders to drive maximum return on investment for customers and the business. This will include requirements gathering, management of a product backlog, supporting changes through to live and keeping stakeholders updated on progress and issues.
Breakdown cover is the lead new business product for the AA and a key commercial focus – with major digital, IT and commercial initiatives to deliver in the financial year, we are looking for somebody who can join our friendly, busy team and really hit the ground running.
You’ll be based in London (where the majority of the AA’s digital team and Road commercial activities sit) with the expectation that occasional days will be spent at the AA’s Basingstoke offices.
What will I be doing?
- Work with the Product Owner to build a product strategy and vision.
- Closely support the delivery of the product development roadmap across digital channels.
- Support the Road leadership team and Product Owners & Channel Managers to deliver the best return on investment.
- Work together with stakeholders (commercial, marketing, operations, digital and finance) in order to deliver on customer and business needs.
- Ensure activity is data-driven – using data & analytics to drive decisions, and ensuring performance is tracked against KPIs and targets.
- Communicate progress on delivery and development with stakeholders on a regular basis.
What do I need?
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum team or similar.
- Experience capturing requirements and documenting in detail in Jira for similar for colleagues to work on.
- Understand how to take requirements through to live, working with design, editorial, development and test colleagues.
- Understand characteristics and management process of digital website assets.
- Knowledge of some principles of service design & conversion optimisation.
- Energetic and extensive relationship management skills, comfortable with talking to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organising and time management skills.
- The ability to develop and implement change successfully.
- Excellent analytical skills.
Education and Qualifications:
- University education to a high standard preferred, but not required.
- Professional qualifications / certification an advantage, but not required.
- Self-starter that works well in teams.
- Approachable for internal & external customers, and able to work across a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to build strong relationships across a variety of teams.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner, both in written & verbal form.
- Ability to work to deadlines across a number of concurrent initiatives.
- Above all, an enthusiasm for putting customers’ needs at the heart of everything we do.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Product Owner, Traditional Collaboration
Closing 24 January 2021
Product Owner - V Hub
Closing 24 January 2021
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.