Digital Product Designer
We’re looking for a Digital Product Designer who has a passion for user research. You will work closely with teams across the business to understand our product requirements and balance these with our customers needs. You will translate these needs into stunning concepts and designs using a range of tools, across multiple platforms.
You will act as an advocate for our customers by conducting primary research, exploring user behaviours and motivations. Bringing forward research findings to the business to ensure we are developing the best possible user experience for our customers. You are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment - constantly evolving and adapting products to meet our ever-growing market and customer needs.
The Digital Product Design team is an integral part to our business. This team sits within Tech and works with every function across all disciplines; from our pro-makeup artistry team, brand team, to our ecommerce team, and more. The team has a wide variety of experience across different industries and problem spaces, bringing together exciting and inspiring ways of working and approaches to solving problems. They work in a fast pace environment and believe in open honest communication, collaboration and that great ideas can come from anywhere.
Digital Product Design Responsibilities:
- Translating problems into simple and easy to use design solutions that are in line with customer needs and business opportunities.
- Strong UI design skills.
- Quickly iterating sketches/wireframes/prototypes/designs.
- Strong understanding of interaction design and a love for visual design.
- Understanding of design principles.
- Delivering an evidence-based design approach to work.
- Facilitating and engaging in workshops & collaborative design sessions.
- Empowering and guiding non-researchers to gather insights and evaluate their ideas/decisions through their own research and UX analysis.
- Presenting findings, related design/business recommendations and customer insights to the wider business in an appropriate format.
- Promoting user centred design principles and best practice across the organisation.
- Using variety of tools and methods to document knowledge, decisions and actions.
- Communicating confidently, and adapting your style and approach to the audience.
- Supporting Product & Engineering through the full design process.
UX Research Key Responsibilities:
- Being responsible for UX research across the business.
- Collaborating with product managers and stakeholders to help shape, plan and prioritise the research roadmaps.
- Planning and conducting moderated studies e.g ethnographic, focus groups and moderated user test across multiple touch points including in-store tech.
- Drawing insights from research and making decisions which meet the user needs and achieve business goals.
- Successfully analysing user behaviour and motivations.
- Using data/web analytics to deeply understand customer needs and business opportunities.
- Driving our research expertise and capabilities within the team.
- Proven experience as a UX designer in luxury brands with a focus on UX research (Qualitative and quantitative).
- Experience of managing relationships with third parties for research ie. SessionCam etc.
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking.
- A sensitivity to typography, colour, layout, and general awareness of accessibility.
- Proficient in tools such as: Sketch, InVision, JIRA, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Proficiency in motion graphic and digital art is a plus.
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has experience working side by side with engineers to ensure design is implemented to the highest criteria.
- Strong ability to recognise and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy and unhappy path as well as edge cases, and the ability to incorporate them into designs.
- Deep understanding of information design/architecture, and user psychology.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams, and are comfortable with waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Generous staff discount to use on our products.
- Access to Tilbury Treats – our very own rewards platform allowing you to save money and gain ‘money can’t buy’ discounts on anything from gym memberships to cinema tickets.
- Other fabulous benefits such as life assurance, birthdays off work, and many more.
‘TO MAKE EVERYONE FEEL THE MOST BEAUTIFUL VERSION OF THEMSELVES’
WE WOULD LOVE TO WELCOME YOU TO OUR TEAM! APPLY TODAY!
Senior Content Designer
Closing 25 November 2020
- Newcastle and Manchester
Principal UX Designer
Closing 25 November 2020
- Newcastle and Manchester
Want more Digital Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.