Digital Product Designer
The Digital Product & Experience team within British Airways is responsible for creating customer-facing products that are innovative, effective and will change the experience of flying for the better.
We’re investing in building a first-class product team and are looking for talented Digital Product Designers to join us.
What you’ll do:
- Experience working on a live digital product at scale, with both engineers and product/project managers.
- Lead or participate in workshops to drive alignment, clarity and shared understanding.
- Sharing and collaborating on your thinking with engineers, stakeholders and other people in the business to ensure your work is robust and effective.
- Map journeys and flows, while also developing interactions, from rough sketches through to market-ready product experiences.
- Design and maintain the components, interactions, and transitions, design patterns as part of a Design System or component library to ensure quality, consistency and ensure efficient collaboration with developers.
- Bring visions to life by creating engaging, hi-fidelity prototypes, paying particular attention to micro-interactions, motion and animation to enhance the user experience.
What you will bring to the team:
- Have a strong understanding of human-centred design and Design Thinking principles and methodologies to create intuitive interfaces and interactions.
- You’re curious - looking to develop a deep understanding of our data and what motivates our users and shapes their behaviour.
- Comfortable communicating design rationale and justifying design decisions within the team and to stakeholders.
- You are able to work at different levels of fidelity from sketching through to designs, sharing ideas early and refining them with others.
- Experience working in Lean, Agile or matrix organisations.
- A clear understanding of how research, testing and data analytics works with the design process.
- Advanced skills in industry-leading design and prototyping software, i.e Figma.
- A portfolio with elegant and intuitive design examples within the context of digital product design.
What British Airways can offer you?
- A competitive salary commensurate to your experience.
- A commitment to helping you grow, challenge yourself & progress professionally. We have set up clear career pathways and mentoring programmes to support you in achieving that.
- Flexible on working locations, with a Central London base alongside our head office near Heathrow.
- Travel benefits and discounts for friends & family.
Not only will you have the chance to further your career development within BA, you’ll also have the opportunity to make full use of our perks when you join – Competitive Pension, Flexible Working, Discretionary Benefits - Brand discounts, Airport Parking, Private Medical Cover, Dental and Critical Illness Cover, Discounted health club memberships…plus more!
We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at British Airways. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description us not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Designer - 6 month FTC
Closing 16 May 2023
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
Senior Interaction Designer - 12 Months FTC
Closing 17 May 2023
- Virgin Media
- perm, freelance, temp to perm
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 14 April 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Want more Digital Product Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.