Digital Photo Editor
The UK Digital Photo Editor is part of Photo Operations EMEA who fulfil pan-regional image requirements for content priorities across publicity, marketing, on-air, digital and direct to consumer products. This is an exciting new role that will focus on providing creative artwork, images and graphics for Discovery’s direct to consumer platform – dplay UK – as well as supporting UK VOD affiliates.
The UK Digital Photo Editor will ensure high volumes of images are sourced and edited for dplay UK and UK VOD affiliates and that efficient operational output is maintained at all times. The UK Digital Photo Editor will liaise with internal operational, editorial and scheduling teams to ensure consistency and creativity across all products and that high production values are maintained.
- Manage the workflow for dplay UK and UK VOD affiliates.
- Liaise with VOD Operations team, scheduling teams and Photo Operations Manager to ensure deadlines are met and operational efficiencies are upheld.
- Quality control images and ensure creative consistency across platforms.
- Maintain and update the VOD image database/delivery system.
- Source, caption and edit imagery for UK VOD products.
- Edit and create program artwork in Photoshop when required
- Clear image rights for VOD use.
- Ensure all images are captioned and rights information is correct.
- Attend weekly dplay editorial meetings to agree image requirements for latest priorities.
- A strong attention to detail.
- Excellent photoshop knowledge is essential, illustrator experience desirable.
- Good knowledge of image rights.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to manage fast turnaround adhoc requests
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with a positive can do attitude.
- Ability to manage and use specialised database systems.
- Understanding of VOD/OTT image requirements.
- Ability to edit and critique photographic imagery.
- Expertise in Mac applications.
- Experience of working with sport images desirable.
Senior Content Editor (12 Months FTC)
Closing 21 February 2020
- perm, temp, temp to perm
Closing 14 March 2020
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.