Digital News & Social Editor
Bloomberg.com covers politics, markets, business and financial news and gets more than 76 million visits each month, with our journalism read or viewed by 10s of millions more on other platforms. We break news fast and tell agenda-setting original stories to an influential audience.
Our site gets more video views than any other business news site in the world. You're a digital journalist who can tell compelling stories and find new audiences. You're fascinated by the world and how today's events affect the way we live and work. You will join our digital team to help drive the growth of our online presence in the EMEA region, with a focus on the Middle East.
We'll trust you to:
- Be versatile, comfortable researching stories online and cultivating sources in the region
- Write at speed in an authentic, confident voice
- Craft compelling and accurate headlines
- Find creative social language for posting to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Dive into data to understand how and why some stories succeed where others don't
- Have a mobile-first outlook, a native understanding of how news finds an audience on social media, and an obsession both with the stories we cover and the ever-evolving tools of our trade
- Work flexibly across a range of digital services, from breaking news to social output, mobile and homepage curation and original reporting
- Collaborate with colleagues in Hong Kong, Dubai and New York to ensure a seamless 24-hour operation
- Work with Bloomberg News journalists to find and produce news and enterprise stories for all Bloomberg Digital channels
You need to have:
- Proven and relevant experience in digital news
- A demonstrable interest in and understanding of how the world of politics business intersects with daily life
- Experience breaking news online
- Experience of working with newsroom social media accounts
- A fascination with mobile and SEO
- Familiarity with news analytics tools
- As a focus of this role is on the Middle East, Arabic proficiency is a plus
- Video editing and graphics skills are a bonus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 23 September 2021
Senior Content Editor
Closing 3 November 2021
Digital News Editor - LBC
Closing 16 November 2021
Want more Digital News & Social Editor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Journalist jobs, News Editor jobs, Sub Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.