Digital Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about marketing automation workflows? If so, we are looking for an experienced automation specialist to help our marketing team further evolve into an efficient, data-driven, customer-centred organisation.
The Lancet Group—a market-leading, mission-driven organisation publishing and advocating for the best science to help improve lives and drive change in health globally—seeks a Digital Marketing Manager with automation expertise to join our marketing team as a strategic contributor, responsible for understanding, engaging, and converting our database of contacts in support of marketing goals.
You’ll be directly impacting how we utilize HubSpot and related technologies—from building and improving automated workflows and asset templates, to leading related HubSpot intelligence and reporting. You’ll conceptualise lead and nurture flows for marketing growth and be responsible for customising and developing asset templates.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, our marketing automation specialist will be expected to:
Develop audience engagement:
- Grow and convert our subscriber base by engaging audiences with content or services aligned with their needs and interests
- Segment lists based on behaviours like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, page visits, etc)
- Optimize lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers
Manage marketing technologies and related processes:
- Act as an administrator for our HubSpot instance and contact database including the creation and maintenance of workflows, custom fields, reports, dashboard development, and data flow management
- Manage key marketing systems used to generate, distribute, and report on leads
- Identify opportunities to deploy A/B tests
- Optimize existing marketing automations and lead nurturing processes
- Upgrade HubSpot assets using enhanced features for improved performance
- Champion agile, sustainable workflows and digital best practices within the team and wider department
- Support workflows aligned with enterprise best practice for customer data protection and privacy
Empower Elsevier’s sales team:
- Create, maintain, and deliver processes, practices, and tools needed to support Elsevier’s sales teams with MQLs
- Work collaboratively with sales enablement, marketing, and other stakeholders to increase MQLs and improve conversion to SQL, especially as it relates to HubSpot and its capabilities
- Understand integration best practice with SalesForce
Deliver actionable intelligence and reporting:
- Analyse data to develop insights and make recommendations for optimization
- Create and maintain regular reports and dashboards on marketing activities, effectiveness, and business impact
To succeed in this role, you ideally will have:
- Degree or professional marketing certification (eg, CIM)
- HubSpot Certification, HubSpot experience (or similar) with automations
- 3–5 years of experience developing marketing engagement and automation programs
- Ability to self-start, put customer experience at the heart of your work, and drive for results
- Excellent project management, time management, and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Proven track record with implementing successful marketing automation campaigns
- Passion to innovate and “test & learn”
- Considerable knowledge of current and new marketing and campaign technologies
- HTML skills for responsive editing/design
- Relevant experience working in a matrix organization, with proven ability to adapt to change and work with agility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including ability to influence and negotiate
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Work in a way that works for you:
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organisation. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
• Working remotely from home and at our office in a hybrid working style
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us:
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you:
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
• Generous holiday allowance with the option to buy additional days
• Health screening, eye care vouchers, and private medical benefits
• Wellbeing programs
• Life assurance
• Access to a competitive contributory pension scheme
• Long service awards
• Save As You Earn share option scheme
• Travel Season ticket loan
• Maternity, paternity, and shared parental leave
• Access to emergency care for both the elderly and children
• RECARES days, giving you time to support the charities and causes that matter to you
• Access to employee resource groups with dedicated time to volunteer
• Access to extensive learning and development resources
• Access to employee discounts via Perks at Work
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Social Media Manager
Closing 6 February 2023
- TUI Group
- London, Luton
Digital Marketing & Communications Manager
Closing 4 April 2023
- Siemens plc
Closing 4 April 2023
£Salary up to £35,000 per annum dependent on experience
Want more Digital Marketing Manager jobs?
Want to find more Digital Campaign Executive jobs, Digital Campaign Manager jobs, Digital Marketing Manager jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Social Media Manager jobs, Marketing Executive jobs, Marketing Manager jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.