Digital Editor, NOWNESS
NOWNESS is a global video channel screening the best in culture, and is powered by Dazed Media, the world’s leading independent fashion and culture media brand. Twenty-five years ago, Jefferson Hack and Rankin Waddell set up a magazine that would become a movement: Dazed & Confused. The title became a lightning rod for cultural provocation – radically reframing international style culture. Today, we are an agenda-setting publishing powerhouse and the most efficient way to reach the world’s most influential audiences.
Dazed Media powers an ever-evolving network of premium digital channels and iconic print titles including Dazed, AnOther, Another Man, and NOWNESS.
We are based in London and we’re excited to be recruiting for a core member of our team.
The Digital Editor works closely with the Senior Editor to coordinate and create editorial output around all film and asset publishing, and works daily with the Social Media Editor to devise creative editorial campaigns across platforms that support NOWNESS premieres, themed seasons and other output. The Digital Editor will be responsible for ensuring all pages on NOWNESS.com are up-to-date, and will suggest site improvements in line with SEO and to promote audience growth.
This role is suited to someone who is a highly detail-oriented, organised self-starter with strong editorial and digital skills, including excellent subbing skills, and a willingness to learn, develop and take initiative as an autonomous member of a small team.
- Working with the Senior Editor to guide all editorial activity including daily operations and campaign roll-outs
- Working closely with the Social Media Editor and Programming Coordinator to devise effective campaigns for NOWNESS content
- Working with the social and marketing teams on audience growth and engagement and to evolve content formats
- Researching, writing and posting Story of the Day and Picks posts when necessary, including headlines and subs; sourcing director and talent statements and working with contributors; plotting strategically to complement the programming schedule
- Working with the Creative Partnerships & Strategy manager and the commercial team to craft branded copy and manage client expectations
- Ensuring all content adheres to the NOWNESS voice and aesthetic, follows the required style guides, production processes and meets editorial standards
- Keeping all pages on NOWNESS.com up-to-date, interesting and maximised for UX; advising on site changes; liaising with site developers to implement improvements
- Reviewing content performance daily / weekly; liaising with the Data Manager to report back on campaigns and launches
- Curating and sending the NOWNESS newsletter; actively working to evolve the format
- Writing PR emails to support NOWNESS premieres and other launches
- Curating NOWNESS social media channels when needed (e.g. Tumblr, Pinterest) under direction of the Head of Social Media
- Maintaining relationships with PRs across fashion, art and culture
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong subbing skills
- Good sense of how to craft heads and subheads; skilled at writing short, informative and compelling copy for daily stories
- Being reactive and flexible; balancing daily operational and longer-term strategic activity
- Proactive time management to ensure daily, weekly and regular operational tasks are completed in time and to a high standard
- Strongly skilled at creative solutions to improve audience reach and engagement
- Autonomous worker with ownership over projects and daily tasks
- Comfortable working in a small team
- Excellent communication across the team and with external partners/PRs/contributors/talent
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proactive in troubleshooting and streamlining operational tasks
- Skilled use of CMS; experience of social media, analytics and tracking tools
- Strong understanding of NOWNESS POV and tone of voice
- Knowledge of the NOWNESS film archive
- All members of the NOWNESS team assist in sourcing content; team members also feed into commissioning projects and other creative initiatives
Title: Content Editor, NOWNESS
Reporting to: Programming Director and Managing Editor
Working closely with: Social Media and Advertising teams
Experience: 1-3 years in a similar environment
Terms: Full-time role with competitive salary and pension. 20 days annual leave plus public holidays and 3 additional days at Christmas.
Location: Office located in London WC2.
Senior Commissioning Editor - Drama for BBC
Closing 15 March 2019
Commissioning Editor - Comedy for BBC
Closing 15 March 2019
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.