Working at Stella McCartney is a truly rewarding experience. As a luxury fashion company with a strong ethical standpoint we are leaders and innovators in our industry.
The Digital Designer is responsible for building and designing newsletters and working in close partnership with the Creative team for content rollout and the ‘look and feel’ of the Stella McCartney website. The Digital Designer will work closely with the Digital Merchandising team on visual aspects of product launches and product photography.
- Designing and building newsletter layouts including testing, amendments, exporting assets and refreshing these as necessary. Newsletters span across 11 regions and require translations as necessary across the regions.
- Working on weekly Homepage layouts and exporting assets for the Homepage; this includes testing and other content areas to ensure content and layout are correctly displayed across devices, feeding back changes where necessary.
- Daily & Weekly exporting of assets for ‘Stella’s World’ articles. Content assets on Galleries and any other pages.
- Video editing as required, including the uploading of video content on Vimeo to embed on website.
- Campaign rollout and content strategy for seasonal collection across Ready to Wear, Unisex Licensing, as well as any other brand launches eg. Shows, Beauty, Capsules, Events, and Product launches. Creating mock-ups for the Homepage, Newsletters and ‘Stella’s World’ articles. Season rollouts may include 4 - 8 weeks’ rollout of mock-ups.
- Designing new layouts with current page designer components.
- Developing content spec dimensions, ratios and max file sizes for new content components on the website.
- Briefing content deliverable needs for collections, launches and shows to Marketing & Creative departments.
- Checking copy delivered is the correct spec for the Homepage, and creating maximum word and character count for Homepage & Newsletters.
- Researching the latest design ‘trends’ and innovative UX concepts, driving industry best practice and principles.
- Producing user centric intuitive designs across all devices (Desktop, Mobile, tablet) for upcoming UX projects.
- Creating Prototypes for designs that have interactive behaviours for each device (Desktop, Mobile, tablet).
- Creating ADA Accessibility designs for developments, meeting WCAG requirements.
- Applying industry best practice for Accessibility design. This includes understanding Accessibility design requirements and submitting Accessibility designs for evaluation, updating designs based on evaluation.
- Getting design ready for development including guidelines for fonts, buttons, behaviours and accessibility.
- Testing all developments on each device thoroughly (Desktop, Mobile, tablet) through several rounds of testing stages, and feeding back design and functionality discrepancies to be fixed.
- Regular retouching and reworking of product image requests from the Merchandising team.
- Attending Still Life shoots at the studio to check on the styling of accessories.
- Re-cropping of images as necessary to ensure correct baseline and scaling of product.
- Working in close partnership with Merchandising and Creative teams on Digital Photography guidelines.
- Ideally between 2-4 years experience working within a retail organisation, fashion / luxury is a bonus.
- Great at building positive relationships across teams, such as Creative and Marketing.
- Exceptional project management and communications skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently and be able to prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Hands on, eager to make a difference within a small team.
Systems and Essentials:
- Proficient in using Adobe Suite
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a must
- Use of Figma
Our philosophy is to go beyond monetary return and consider ourselves responsible for your wellbeing, your family, your health, your time and the community.
- Up to 50% discount on Stella McCartney products
- Exclusive staff sales and sample sales - Including other LVMH brands
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%
- Extensive private medical and critical illness insurance, as well as life assurance
- Annual Health Screening
- Annual Leave Shop where employees can buy or sell annual leave
- Flexible working/core hours
- Enchanced Maternity/paternity packages
- Matched Give as You Earn charity scheme
- Fitness membership (Classpass credits)
- Volunteer and Birthday leave
- Health cash plan
- Financial wellbeing program
- Physical and Mental Wellbeing Support Services
- Employee referral bonus
Optional/ Paid Benefits:
Season ticket loan, cycle to work and tech schemes, travel and dental insurance and much more.
We welcome people with disabilities and endeavour to make reasonable adjustments, if you do require such adjustments please let us know within 48 hours of your interview.
At Stella McCartney, we like to be bold. For us this means challenging ourselves and the wider industry in which we operate. As part of our commitments to inclusive fashion, we have an ambitious strategy to put diversity, equity and inclusion at the centre of everything we do. Our starting point is to create a workplace where different voices are respected, heard and empowered in equal measure regardless of factors such as culture and backgrounds, and to influence and disrupt fashion and other industries by providing opportunities for global diverse talent to shine.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Digital Product Design Lead
Closing 7 February 2023
UX Designer - Loyalty & Support
Closing 9 February 2023
- Farringdon / Hybrid
Designer - Homeware
Closing 5 April 2023
- N Brown Group plc
£Competitive + Benefits
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.