NBC Universal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Catalyst Partnerships Agency:
We are Catalyst, NBCUniversal’s award-winning international inhouse agency.
We are a global team of passionate visionaries, creators, storytellers, thinkers and audience specialists.
We are the link between brands and premium audiences, redefining how and why to tell stories across multiple platforms and how to shape and deliver world-leading virtual, hybrid and on the ground, live experiences.
Constantly evolving, we combine innovative ideas, creative expertise, cutting edge technology and extensive data & insight, we bring dynamic brand experiences to life, connecting deeply with audiences and delivering unrivalled impact across the NBCUniversal International portfolio.
Catalyst is looking for a talented and experienced mid-tier Digital Designer to join our international team and produce kickass content experiences that wow audiences, impress clients and bring new dimensions to our storytelling and design-based experiences.
As a Designer in the Catalyst studio, you will be responsible for crafting digital partnership campaigns and create content that pushes the boundaries of digital storytelling, with experience of working with client briefs and creating engaging and intuitive content for our audiences.
Yes there are tight deadlines, multiple and often conflicting priorities and some challenging stories or concepts to deliver on. We need someone who feasts on, and can navigate through, that environment, that exhibits creative ideas, that inspires through their design expertise, approach, collaboration and ideas, and loves seeing their work impressing folks.
We’re looking for flair, passion for digital storytelling, a collaborative mindset to work across multiple brand platforms that range across the news, financial, entertainment, lifestyle, travel and sport sectors.
- Ideate great digital storytelling mechanics for client briefs.
- Translate strategic creative direction into high-quality designs for web, social and digital banners, whilst also being able to support on non-digital projects for other areas of the business.
- Develop creative concepts, communicate these to client or project management, and see concepts through to final design deliverable aligned with client guidelines and as outlined in brief upon client sign off.
- Design and implement web pages on our non-code based publishing platform.
- Inspire the wider team and business with the design potential in digital partnerships along with the team web developers.
- Capable of working across a variety of projects across a variety of categories for a variety of different clients.
- Actively engaged in the design community and seeking out new trends and potential creator partnerships.
- Proactively build out new ideas that can help win new business, working with other stakeholders whilst maintaining design templates and materials as we build up a library of design assets.
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders across department from sales, brand strategy, trade marketing, data and event unit to develop and deliver engaging design solutions.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign, XD and After Effects. Basic front end coding skills a bonus.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, providing communication and art direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- Extraordinary attention to detail, while still working under tight deadlines.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills to external and internal audiences and customers and the ability to distill communication into useful plans.
- Demonstrable experience in working and communicating effectively within and with teams, with clients and other stakeholders.
- Great understanding of current UI trends and the fundamentals of crafting an engaging web page compliant in web accessibility and UX fundamentals.
- Ability to adapt the visual tone to the subject matter and clients brand guidelines.
- Friendly and open approach to problem solving and conveying any issues.
- Adaptable to change in scope and feedback.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of typographic best practice.
- Good organizational and decision-making skills, able to communicate clearly with the team.
- Experienced in high volume of work, tight turnaround deadlines and able to juggle and influence priorities.
Able to operate fast and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Closing 4 April 2023
Designer - Homeware
Closing 5 April 2023
- N Brown Group plc
£Competitive + Benefits
Digital Product Design Lead
Closing 7 February 2023
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.