White Stuff is a multi-channel brand with a strong heritage and values. Established in 1985 we have now grown to over 130 shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s, men’s and children’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and home ware. Our original prints, intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
We’re a sociable, talented and like-minded bunch here at White Stuff, proud to be part of such a great brand, and passionate about our customers. We believe people are at the heart of our business, so we’re committed to building and sustaining a sense of community and togetherness, where everyone feels like they’re part of something special.
As a Digital Designer for White Stuff, your main responsibility is the creation and delivery of a range of cross-platform digital work adhering to the White Stuff brand handwriting and pushing the envelope of what can be achieved digitally to drive the brand forward. This can be anything from responsive sites and emails to banners, mobile/tablet apps and microsites. It involves working closely with Marketing, Developers and the Web Department.
What you’ll be doing:
• Supporting the Senior Graphic Designer and working within the Digital Design team in allocating BAU and ad hoc design tasks.
• The full project lifecycle – from brief to design to usability and overlooking the build of designs.
• Following direction from the Head of Creative and working with the broader Creative team to conceptualise seasonal campaigns.
• Working collaboratively with Developers and Web Department to deliver a fully responsive, digital output of the highest quality and to brief.
• Collaborating closely with the Web Optimisation team to provide creative solutions for online tests to help support the prioritization of ongoing website development.
• Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture and engaging with the wider digital creative community.
• Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to teams.
What you’ll need:
• Relevant industry experience with an e-commerce fashion brand or agency that has had similar clients.
• Experience in designing cutting-edge websites, apps, interfaces and/or digital campaigns (including affiliate banners, site updates, emails, ad hoc design tasks).
• An exceptional online portfolio showcasing innovative design concepts and highly considered visual executions
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Video Editing a bonus).
• Knowledge of designing for a responsive framework is a must (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation or similar), including but not limited to 12-column grid layouts, responsive image solutions and ensuring key call-to-actions and content appear “above the fold”.
• A mobile-first approach regarding email and website-based designs, particularly in terms of usability and the mobile viewport’s limitations and restrictions.
Part Time - Design Studio Intern – PS by Paul Smith, Womenswear (January – June 2020)
Closing 29 September 2019
- Paul Smith
- temp, part time
Senior Art Director/Designer for ambitious creative agency
Closing 17 October 2019
- The Behaviours Agency
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.