There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges–from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Pension contributions.
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes.
- A volunteer day for all team members.
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development.
Are you looking for a new Digital Design role that gives you opportunity to use your knowledge to help take our digital channels to the next level? Are you looking for a new challenge which provides the opportunity to work in a growing and developing team? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in digital design as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role:
As our new Digital Designer, you’ll support in creating engaging digital design across Selfridges’ digital channels. As part of this, you will:
- Design engaging and inspiring digital creative across multiple channels, including but not limited to areas such as CRM, digital marketing, and .com.
- Design content pages and assets across the website, to support promotional assets for trade and content, seasonal trade pages and brand hubs.
- Support the senior members of the digital design team on larger digital design projects, working alongside the wider Multimedia Creative team as well as the wider Creative Studio.
- Work closely with production and other areas of the business in responding to briefs, working together to get the best results.
- Collaborate with UX and Development teams to support and improve the Selfridges digital experience.
You’ll be reporting into the Head of Digital Design, working closely with the rest of the Multimedia Creative Team, wider Creative Studio and other key teams within the business.
Know What We're Looking For:
- You’ll have already have proven experience within a digital design role and, whether in a retail environment or other, be able to show an understanding of different areas in the field.
- With a can-do approach, be able to work with other teams and designers on projects, as well as being happy to take on a variety of briefs and support the junior designers when needed.
- An understanding of/experience with content management systems.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with not only UX and Development teams, but wider creative and cross-functional departments.
- An interest in culture, media and the arts is a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire our digital look and feel.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a growing and evolving team who looking to drive the Selfridges digital experience forward. This is a great opportunity to take your next step with the proven experience you have accumulated, or to expand your horizons within a creative driven retail company. It doesn’t just stop at Digital Design either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company:
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work.
Closing 13 August 2019
- We Are MBC
- Datchet, Windsor
- £35,000 p/a
Lead Digital Designer
Closing 9 August 2019
- Black Sun Plc
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.