This role requires a digital designer who can support the creative concept and idea process and turn this into engaging design work. The designer is expected to have an exemplary foundation of design principles including typography, grids, layout and visualisation. An innovative and experimental approach is necessary in order to solve communication briefs and design concepts for big brands.
As a Digital Designer you must have a strong grasp of working with/within client brand guidelines; finding equal challenges in both open briefs as well as difficult jobs with blue chip constraints. You should be good at taking direction and working collaboratively with seniors. From time to time you will be expected to work on pitches so a hunger to work hard to make a mark is important.
You should have a grasp of HTML & CSS and it would be advantageous to have an ability build live prototypes to be able to pass on a living creative idea to developers. The candidate should have an excitement for and understanding of social-media, mobile and creative technology.
What the work will be like:
- Mobile/Tablet Responsive Web - iPhone, Android and other technologies.
- Mobile/Tablet Applications - iPhone, Android and other technologies.
- Email - both implementation and template creation.
- Mac Visualisation - from scamps.
- Social Media - Facebook apps, content.
- Online banners - GIF and third-party authoring tools.
- Global brands.
- Brand and Digital Guideline creation.
- Agency experience 5+ years.
- Experience designing for digital/integrated campaigns.
- Able to follow strict digital brand guidelines.
- Experience working with assets specific to digital.
- Maintaining visual consistency through each piece of collateral.
- Producing storyboards with easily editable elements.
- Taking direction from Creatives.
- Working with Developers to find opportunities to enhance digital creative.
- A great portfolio including a demonstrable expertise in interactive/digital design.
- Excellent typography and layout skills.
- Expert in Adobe CS Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and related tools.
- An intimate understanding of responsive design.
- HTML, CSS knowledge preferred.
- Ability to manage and prioritise projects and tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Commitment and willingness at times to work extra hours on pitches.
- After Effects (not mandatory but would be a plus).
- 3D (not mandatory but would be a plus).
Primary software knowledge:
- Adobe Photoshop CC (proficient).
Secondary software knowledge:
- Adobe InDesign.
- Adobe Illustrator.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we’ll make sure you are paid a competitive salary and are given an environment in which you can grow and thrive. If you require training to help further your skills, we’ll help. We also provide a competitive holiday allowance.
A friendly talented diverse design team to collaborate with and learn from.
• A great friendly environment to work in.
• A big agency with big clients.
• A successful agency that wins awards.
• Training and personal development.
Junior Digital Media Designer, Dazed Media
Closing 12 July 2019
- Dazed Group
Senior UX Designer - Contract
Closing 27 June 2019
- temp, temp to perm
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Digital Illustrator jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, POS Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.