At FatFace, our e-commerce channel has been key in the growth and success of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Creative team focussing on bringing the FatFace online experience to life for customers. Working as part of the Creative team and reporting into the Graphic Design Manager, you'll be required to create and deliver digital design concepts to brief, from initials designs to final artwork.
As Digital Designer, you'll be responsible for creating assets for the website, email and any other formats that may be required, all in line with the FatFace brand handwriting and consistent with other channels and seasonal campaigns. You'll work closely with the Ecomm, Marketing and Trade teams to translate campaign messaging, brand personality and tone of voice into highly commercial web assets.
As a designer, you'll have a keen eye for design, composition and typography, and attention to detail is very important to you. You love all things digital and the future of the web excites you. You're a problem solver and very organised, and can be trusted to take a brief and develop creative solutions that are visually engaging, communicate clearly and work for the FatFace brand. You thrive in a busy environment and role your sleeves up when required.
- Responsible for the digital design and asset creation of seasonal campaign graphics working as part of the Creative Design team.
- Working and collaborating closely with the Creative Design, Ecomm, Trade and Marketing teams at all stages of a project, from initial concept to final delivery.
- Development of innovative content for the FatFace website and other digital channels, striving to make us a 'leader' in our market.
- Work with the Ecomm Development team to push the boundaries of our site, creating new ideas and ways to present the FatFace brand online.
- Create web ready build files to hand over to the Ecomm Build team.
- Working collaboratively with the Senior Digital Designer and rest of the Creative team to create seasonal campaigns that are consistent across all channels. You'll use your technical appreciation/understanding to help bring ideas from non-digital areas to life digitally.
- Communicate and present ideas and projects to the wider teams.
- Constantly monitor the market, suggest new ideas and keep up to speed on digital trends.
- Ensure projects are completed accurately and to schedule.
- Ideally you'll have a degree in graphic/digital design but this is not a must. A strong portfolio is essential, demonstrating creative thinking along with excellent typographic, layout and digital design skills. You'll have at least 3 years experience in a similar digital role.
- Experience of handling briefs from initial concept to final artwork for a wide range of creative design projects.
- Highly organised with a strong eye for detail and great taste.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programmes (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator etc) a must, other programmes a bonus.
- A clear understanding of the technical limitations and opportunities that digital design/platforms bring. You'll need to work closely with the Ecomm Development team and have a strong appreciation of their world.
- Excellent understanding of responsive design essential. An understanding of UI/UX design highly desirable. HTML knowledge a bonus.
- The ability to creatively solve problems and bring messages to life.
- Strong communicator and team-player with the ability to quickly create ideas and work on multiple projects.
- A keen eye for imagery and photography along with an interest in fashion retail would be beneficial.
Please include a portfolio of work with your application.
Freelance Digital Designer
Closing 21 November 2019
- Gemini People
- £300 /day
Designer (Softlines, Product, Photoshop, Accessories, Drawings)
Closing 20 November 2019
- Creative Recruitment
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.