About the role:
Seeking an enthusiastic digital designer who has the desire to do good in the world. Are you passionate about the planet and those on it? Are you excited by disruptive design intended for a purpose? Do you enjoy working in a remote culture with engaged people from around the world?
Work alongside the senior digital designer and others in the creative and marketing teams, to produce exciting, on-brand designs that appeal to our predominantly Gen-Z market, with the aim to increase click-through rates, brand engagement, and website conversion.
You have a keen eye for detail and are passionate about translating creative briefs into conceptual designs that serve a purpose. You thrive with open flows of communication and feedback. You stay up-to-date with current, youth-driven trends and technologies. You are proactive about suggesting new ideas and improvements in design concepts and mediums. You are disciplined to meet agreed deadlines. You are organised and can work independently with multiple projects on the go at once.
What you will do:
- Interpret briefs to produce digital designs; predominantly social media and ad graphics, brand collateral and other digital artwork.
- Assist in developing the look and feel of each of our brands, keeping up to date with current trends.
- Occasionally work on our website interfaces (either new or updates to existing designs).
- Brainstorm and research new and conceptual ways to excite our target market through design.
- Ensure imagery and design content stays in line with our brand vision and identity.
- Maintain and develop your working skills across various design software programs (eg. Adobe CC programs, Figma etc.), and have the enthusiasm to learn new ones if necessary.
- Contribute and engage in team collaborations and be generally enthusiastic in all areas of work life.
What you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification from a recognised university/institute.
- 1 - 3 years of experience.
- Portfolio body of work.
- Competent in Adobe CC (predominantly Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) and basic Figma/XD/Sketch knowledge.
- Experience in motion graphics or simple animation/GIF (not a requirement).
GVI has the following additional perks:
- Flexibility with working hours - no “hour counting”/sign-in/out.
- The flexibility to 'bank' SA public holidays (if it does not suit you to take them off) and take them as additional annual leave days (therefore in actual fact having 30 days total annual leave, inclusive of public holidays).
- A half-day on the first Friday of every quarter (in addition to your 18 days of annual leave).
- Access to GVI's Online and Impact Academy's online training.
- For central support staff: The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world, including a GVI hub.
- In-house psychologist and registered trauma counsellor on the People Team, available for employee wellness counselling and additional wellness resources on demand.
- Unlimited opportunities for growth and development and more!
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 29 January 2023
£Competitive plus benefits
User Experience (UX) Designer
Closing 16 December 2022
£Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
Graphic Designer - Sign Studio
Closing 28 January 2023
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.