Digital Designer for Hearst UK
The Studio at Hearst UK is looking for a Digital Designer to join the team.
We are looking for a designer who can help us grow and deliver our digital creative output as part of a broad and collaborative team. Working across all of our Hearst brands – including ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Esquire, Women’s Health and Harper’s Bazaar - you will have a strong focus on pre-sales: creating digital mocks to help with pitches and bringing proactive ideas to life.
You will also work with the team on creation of assets and content delivery for booked campaigns - including interactive elements and GIFs for digital content, Snapchat video ads, Facebook Canvas designs, Instagram animations, bespoke display banners and more. You will collaborate with other designers, Art directors, Editors and Developers to turn raw assets into brilliant creative.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Deliver digital designs consistent with editorial brand voice and campaign strategy
- Drive the development and ideation of new commercial design opportunities
- Represent the Studio internally and externally in your position as a digital design expert to help support clients and influence campaign strategy
- Support sales staff in the creation and delivery of digital mocks and assets for pitch meetings and proposals
- Create video showreels to be used for pre-sales, awards entries and brief conversions
- Attend internal brainstorms, offer creative design expertise during ideation phases
- Convert and interpret supplied assets into successful content / ad units for our O&O sites as well as Facebook, Snapchat and beyond
- Think creatively and work with an innovative approach
- Work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to ensure that the team’s designs are delivered on time and in-line within campaign and brand guidelines
- Be able to switch styles and aesthetics to suit our different brands and social platforms. You may be designing a display banner for Good Housekeeping on one day and an Instagram meme for Cosmopolitan the next!
- Relevant industry experience within digital design – working with brands, advertising and editorial content
- Outstanding portfolio of successfully delivered projects that demonstrate a strong flair for visual communication of content, conceptual thinking and attention to detail
- Creative vision and endless ideas
- Your design skills will demonstrate aesthetic diversity applied to a variety of brands, showing an appreciation for relevant audiences
- An innovator with a passion to deliver new, interesting and well-considered creative solutions to expectant clients
- Passionate about design trends, inspired and engaged by digital innovation
- Keen understanding of user experience and interaction design, ability to champion user needs when priorities are set and understand user journeys within a commercial environment
- Attention to detail and consistency
- Demonstrate an appreciation for responsive design and communication of rich media content across various devices as part of a user journey
- Proven knowledge of Creative suite. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Working knowledge of HTML & CSS would be a bonus
- Experience with Celtra, DoubleClick, and other Rich Media platforms a plus
- It is essential you are a team player – able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, collaborate with both our print and digital delivery teams and take direction from senior stakeholders
Experienced Midweight / Senior Graphic Designer
Closing 13 November 2018
- Excess Baggage Company
UI Designer / Front End Developer for Chillibean
Closing 15 November 2018
- £45,000 to 50,000 p/a
Want more Digital Designer jobs?
Want to find more Branding Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Animator jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Flash Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Video Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.