Digital Designer (Fashion) for Secretsales.comThis job listing has expired
SECRETSALES.com relies on a group of inspired, valued and challenged individuals with a drive to succeed.
We were born in 2007, by the hands of Nish and Sach Kukadia. We were the first private online shopping club launched in the UK. Made to share the most desirable brands, at the most desirable prices, at any time of the year. However, that was a time when online shopping was barely trusted. Companies in the UK were not keen on venturing into this “new-age way” of doing business with a 5-staff start-up from a basement service room in Brent. It was tough.
But the brothers didn’t give up on us and dared overseas. After closing our first deal in Italy, labels such as Chloé, Boss and Diesel went on sale on our website. Soon enough Furla, Adidas and others followed, giving us the boost to shape a new generation of retail industry.
Within three years, we grew to a team over 100 people, selecting and handling around 5000 products every day. Since then, we have partnered with 1600 brands across the world. Luxury, fashion, beauty, accessories, footwear, homeware and electronics. All to give our members not only greater deals but greater variety. In 2013, we became part of the London Stock Exchange Elite group and acknowledged by the government as one of UK’s brightest digital businesses. We have been among the best, every year since then. And each year we feel more passionate.
Today, we live in Notting Hill, known as the largest flash sale website in the UK. But that doesn’t matter much to us. What matters is this rush of finding brilliant designer deals, and share the feeling with everyone, every time.
- Passion: to be passionate about our brands, products, people and initiatives, thereby delivering superior value to our customers.
- Excellence: to be the best in quality and in everything we do as an organisation.
- Motivation: to celebrate successes whilst recognising and rewarding the achievements of individuals and teams.
- Innovation: to innovate in everything, from products to processes and online experience.
Our entire business environment is shaped from the fundamental belief that our success is built on the respect of our team.
- Lead and develop Design Team
- Maintain best practise within Design Team
- Maintain and improve editorial content across the Secretsales website
- Ensure produced work complies with Secretsales brand values and promise
- Work closely with Head of Operation to deliver high quality designs in line with Secretsales requirements and customer’s promise
- Deliver inspiring and informative creative
- Meet all brand and Production guidelines and deadlines
- Oversee the day-to-day runnings of the site and support the Team in the process if needed
- Manage projects from concept, brief to completion for the Design Team
- Manage the efficiency and assign the daily workloads across the Editorial Team
- Deliver cohesive creative work to the website
- Stay responsive and suggest alternative designs to help boost the sales or promote product that needs assistance with sell through
- Bring new ideas and inspirations across the Team in accordance with the Company’s customers and stakeholders
- Design editorial emails, presentations and branding campaigns when required
- Responsible for Quality Control and amendments application across the Design Team
- Work closely with the re-touching and the photography teams to deliver high quality creative work
- Work closely with Editorial, Marketing and technology Teams for constant Company development
- Maintain a good relationship with Buying Teams and co-operate to deliver commercially viable creative
- Manage freelance resources in liaison with the Head of Operations
- Follow fashion and online trends and keep abreast of market developments and competitor activities to aid with the development of fresh ideas for editorial on the Secrestsales website
- Set professional goals and strive to achieve them
- Contribute to the Company by bringing great ideas and constructive feedback
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A relevant degree is desirable but not essential
- Minimum of 5 years of editorial experience within an e-commerce environment
- Team management experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation skills and initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
PERSONAL & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Passion for graphics, photography and typography
- Strong understanding of artworking, photography processes and retouching
- Ability to develop and work within brand guidelines
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Results driven
- Strong ‘can do’ and pro-active attitude
- Strong flexibility to adapt to the fast paced and changing working environment
- Ability to multi-task
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Junior Design Intern for Mellor & Smith
Closing 26 January 2018
- perm, temp, temp to perm, part time
Closing 9 February 2018
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.