Digital Design Lead
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK with 543 stores across the UK. Its vision is to be the UK’s most trusted optician, unrivalled in experience, choice and value through helping everyone to See What’s Possible.
About the opportunity:
We’re looking for a motivated and creative UX Designer to produce best-in-class digital solutions and experiences for Boots Opticians on Boots.com. Working within the Digital Experience team in Boots Digital, you will embed yourself within the Boots Opticians Marketing team to truly understand their business objectives & translate this onto Boots.com. You’ll span expertise In user-centred product design process - from initial research and concepts, through to detailed designs, and production to live.
This is a hybrid role encompassing creativity, production and leadership skills, suiting a candidate with an impressive digital focussed design portfolio, who is looking to take that next step in their design career. Working with a team of designers, copywriters and front-end development specialists, you’ll be a guardian of the Boots digital experience, Digital Design Language and Boots Opticians visual identity. You’ll join a dynamic team who push boundaries and enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced environment.
Own the end to end process from the brief to production via…
- UX strategy & roadmap: Ensuring all user experiences balance the needs of the user, the goals of the business and the technical feasibility, using user-centric research, ideation and validation. Staying current with emerging technology, industry best practices and design trends/patterns, thinking about how these can be applied to our business.
- UX discovery research tasks: User research, heuristic reviews, competitor/comparative reviews, analytics and insights analysis, customer missions and mindsets, persona needs, omnichannel reviews, stakeholder workshops, experience mapping and problem statements.
- UX design production tasks: User journeys, interaction flows, sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, visual designs, high and low fidelity interactive prototypes, user testing, stakeholder sign off, accessibility specs, development specs and design QA testing.
- Production: Work collaboratively with Boots Opticians marketing and planning teams to deliver projects and campaigns against briefs, ensuring assets are in line with our digital style guide and the Boots Opticians visual identity, and fully integrated with marketing campaigns. Work with the project management workflow tool to ensure all Opticians projects are delivered right first time, on time.
- Review: Monitor the performance of the Opticians pages via data and insights, review competitor activity and make recommendations for ongoing optimisation of the customer experience.
- Experience & Education: A UX or design background, with 2-5 years design experience in a similar role, ideally in a B2C business. Degree in HCI, interactive/multimedia design, computer science or equivalent is beneficial.
- UX product design skills: Superb user-centric product design skills and experience, with the ability to span the breadth of the User Centred Design (UCD) process. Confident and experienced in all UX discovery research and UX design production tasks listed above, with a portfolio or sample of existing work to demonstrate your latest projects and represent your thinking process. Proficient using industry standard tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Figma, XD, InVision and Jira.
- UX product experience: Must have experience designing for WCAG accessibility standards compliance. Beneficial to have worked within a design system and brand guidelines/design language. Experience in responsive design and app design beneficial.
- CMS working knowledge (Abobe AEM would be ideal)
- Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communicator. Highly articulate with the ability to storytell, pitch and influence in a language appropriate for your audience.
- Soft Skills: Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative and curious to learn. Able to manage time and workload across multiple projects in parallel. Familiarity with agile and lean methodologies is beneficial.
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan
- Generous employee discount plus enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare
- Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians (including free eye tests for team members), gym, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces and dry-cleaning service
We have a great range of benefits in addition to the above that offer flexibility to suit you; click here to view our full list of company benefits (*all rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility).
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
We are always open to discussing possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you, including job share and reduced hours. If you require additional support as part of the application and interview process, we are happy to provide reasonable adjustments to enable you to be at your best.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Designer - Home Accessories, Wall Art and Hard Goods
Closing 12 December 2023
Designer - Womenswear NC (Nightwear, loungewear, swim, beach and lingerie)
Closing 8 December 2023
Assistant Designer - Tailoring (Menswear)
Closing 30 November 2023
Want more Digital Design Lead jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.