Digital Design Intern
Job Purpose and Summary:
Canon EMEA are looking for an enthusiastic and talented student who is interested in a paid 12-month internship with the Creative Services Team as a Digital Designer.
You will gain hands-on experience in the Marketing Services department to develop and produce creative graphic assets for use across Canon’s websites, customer e-newsletters, presentations, service sites, Intranet, and print publications. You will also gain valuable experience in all areas of website management, marketing, and communication.
Our team is based at our state-of-the-art EMEA HQ in Uxbridge (Hybrid working – on average 3 days per week in the office) which is easily reaching via the Elizabeth Line, with subsidized restaurant & Costa Coffee and free parking onsite.
What we give:
With Canon, you'll get the support and encouragement you need to grow, from people who share your ambition. We'll invest in your professional development to help you learn and progress in your role with us. You'll find leaders who give you the freedom to explore new things and a team where knowledge is shared openly.
In addition to a salary of £18,525, we have recently implemented a new range of flexible benefits including private healthcare, life cover, an Employee Assistance Programme plus employee discounts on Canon products.
Canon also champions hybrid working and a flexible working policy, with a minimum of 25 days holiday per year.
What we ask:
This role will expose you to a variety of tasks including:
- To create and edit visually engaging online content assets (e.g. web graphics such as GIF, JPEG images, front-end website design) ready for publishing on Canon sites and social media.
- To design & produce creative assets for all stages of the sales cycle. This will include content for both off/online communications, Social, CRM, and Retail as well as timely content for features and news items.
- To assist in the design and creation of print assets such as brochures, leaflets, posters etc. Also assisting in the design of PowerPoint presentations.
- To create wireframes and mock-ups of assets and page layouts.
- To ensure compliance with Canon’s Visual Identity Guidelines and maintain the brand site as the ‘place to go’ for visual identity guidelines and artwork.
- Acting as a brand guardian within the Corporate Communications department.
- Ensuring all creative/content assets are stored and managed effectively to enable future use.
- Creating email graphics assets and monthly HTML newsletters for internal stakeholders, using suite of creative design software such as Adobe DreamWeaver, Sublime text and developer tools.
- Assisting with graphics for local country site campaigns and assist in the design and creation of print assets such as brochures, leaflets, posters etc.
- Resolving any irregularities or issues with creative assets
You will need:
The successful candidate will be:
- A 2nd year-undergraduate.
- Able to demonstrate their ability through their portfolio.
- Hold a passion for design with strong user-centric design principles.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of principles of web accessibility, navigation and usability. Proven online visual design experience is desirable.
- An individual with software skills and experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, DreamWeaver and InDesign.
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of brand design and guidelines.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and motivated with the ability to comfortably work to targets in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to organise and prioritise many tasks and to work calmly under pressure.
- Able to work collaboratively with stakeholders.
Canon is enriching lives and businesses in incredible new ways. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company that’s visionary, innovative and bold. As the world's best imaging company, we're living and working together for the common good.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Designer - Ecommerce
Closing 20 May 2023
- perm, remote
Closing 22 May 2023
- THG plc
Closing 21 May 2023
- Sky UK
- perm, remote
Want more Digital Design Intern jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.