Digital Content Editor
We are the AA. And we keep everyone’s show on the road. There for our customers wherever and whenever they need us, we’re always ready for anything. That’s why, for over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organization, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers.
This is the job:
Reporting directly to the Digital Content Lead, you’ll join a team of passionate and creative Digital Content Editors.
You’ll be an experienced and confident copywriter, editor and content producer who loves words and can spot a typo at 20 paces. Whether you’re writing for the app or website, you’ll deliver brilliant, on-brand content that engages and delights. And you’ll always have our customers in mind – from making the technical stuff simple, to making our membership compelling.
Collaborating closely with our designers, you’ll take responsibility for UX content and be instrumental in bringing our products to life, and making our customer journeys easy to find and use. You’ll also need to be comfortable working with a CMS, as you’ll be building and editing pages within Sitecore. You’ll be working within a tight-knit, agile scrum team – so you’ll need to be self-sufficient, as well as great at building effective working relationships with stakeholders.
We’re investing significantly in our digital portfolio, and you’ll play a key role in transforming our digital customer journeys. This is a great opportunity to be involved in defining the future of one of Britain’s most trusted brands.
What will I be doing?
- Write and edit copy in line with our brand, tone of voice and house style guidelines, and our content strategy.
- Translate legal/compliance requirements into user-focused plain English.
- Work across multiple projects, using your knowledge to develop outstanding content across all digital channels.
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team, including UI/UX designers, to create user-focused copy and seamless customer journeys.
- Build and edit content pages in Sitecore CMS.
- Present content to stakeholders, incorporate feedback and be an advocate for our content principles.
- Carry out user research and testing to inform content decisions.
- Know and understand the KPIs for the department, and use them when you’re creating content.
What do I need?
Capability, knowledge and experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience as a copywriter or editor creating content for websites and/or apps.
- Confident writing UX copy, and familiar with user journeys, wireframes and transactional content.
- Experienced at writing high-quality, engaging copy that’s mobile-first and optimised for search engine visibility (SEO).
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a meticulous attention to detail when proofreading your own or another editor’s work.
- Results-focused and strategic approach to your work, with an appreciation of how data and insight should influence copy.
- Familiar with Sitecore CMS or equivalent CMS systems.
- Excellent MS Office and Adobe Acrobat experience.
- Familiar with working in agile/scrum environments (desirable).
- Experience of working with JIRA (desirable).
- Experience using Google Analytics to inform and improve content and conversion (desirable).
- Experience of editing basic code, such as HTML and Mustache (desirable).
Education and qualifications:
- University degree (desirable).
- Self-starter that takes the initiative and works well in teams.
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate on all levels including director level.
- An eagerness to learn and develop.
- Reflects and exhibits the AA brand values – Courtesy, Care, Expertise, Dynamism and Collaboration.
What else is expected of me?
Good conduct matters at the AA. It's very important that you act with honesty & integrity, are respectful of others and have a consistent desire to do the right thing. Everyone at the AA lives these behaviours, so we are all able to support the delivery of good outcomes for our customers.
Closing 20 March 2021
Assistant Editor - Good Morning Britain
Closing 5 February 2021
- perm, remote, temp to perm
Want more Digital Content Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Copywriter - SEO specialist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.