Digital Content Editor (12 month FTC)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is one of the global television industry’s leading content providers, producing and distributing programming. Its Networks division operates TV channels and digital properties globally including in the UK.
At Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks, we are defining and delivering the digital strategy for our children’s TV brands (POP, Tiny Pop and Pop Max) as well as for our Entertainment and Movie channels.
We are looking for a multi-talented digital professional to join our Digital team, ideally with a skill-set across content creation and publishing, design and managing product development. Applicants with skills in some rather than all these areas will still be considered.
In the role of Digital Content Editor, you will be responsible for the day to day running of at least one of our digital properties – that could be one of desktop services and/or mobile or TV applications. You will be required to work across all our digital platforms to provide support to colleagues and to develop your skillsets.
As part of the Digital Team, you will contribute towards the generation and shaping of new concepts and strategies, have fun being part of a motivated and hardworking team and work closely with other creative and media professionals.
- Create engaging content pieces to our children’s desktop and mobile products, such as written and/or visual editorial pieces, reskinning and commissioning html games, working these up into microsites and stunts.
- Engage with stakeholders to create briefs and scoping documents for digital projects and deliver these to development and design agencies - create project timelines, budgets and resource plans
- Add your designs and set up stunts to a variety of different CMSs.
- Liaise with TV channel managers, internal video graphic designers and 3rd party rights owners to launch new projects and get the most out of the content and resources available to you.
- Have a good understanding of how to monetise apps and digital products to drive revenue. Work closely with our sales agencies to help come up with sponsorship ideas and ultimately deliver those on-time and on-scope. Report back to the agency and client on their performance and success.
- Implement creative updates to our mobile and web products using html5, Photoshop, and other technologies.
- Track and monitor our products using Google Analytics and create reports to be shared with key stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of standards and guidelines and make sure they are always being followed.
Qualifications and/or Experience Required:
- Typically, 3 years of digital development and/or design experience.
- Ideally experience of working for company in Media Entertainment and preferably with a focus on the children's market.
- Articulate and eloquent, with the ability to bring an idea to life. You will be working predominantly in the children’s arena, so you must have a sense of fun, adventure and be able to relate to children and child-hood.
- Natural creative ability with visual flair for creating innovative, eye catching treatments, using Photoshop.
- Ideally project management experience dealing with multiple projects simultaneously which must be delivered to tight deadlines.
- Enjoy collaborative working and getting the best out of everyone around them with proven experience building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of people inside and outside of the team.
- Ability to take on, and editorially lead, complex interactive projects by quickly and effectively understanding and prioritising business requirements.
- An understanding of the needs, expectations and aspirations of children and parents in the digital world.
Additional desirable knowledge and skills:
- Experience using Premiere Pro, After Effects or other film editing tools would be advantageous.
- Experience of project management methodologies such as creating Gantt charts.
- Appreciation of Agile and Lean development.
- Able to deal with competing demands, and remain calm and reasonable under pressure.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, making allowances for different levels of understanding.
- Able to think creatively about how we deliver and produce content for children and parents/guardians.
- Able to meet challenging deadlines. In the event of difficulty or delay, to communicate this as early as possible.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
Head of Content - Fixed-Term Contract
Closing 21 September 2019
- St. James's Place
- temp, temp to perm
Closing 19 September 2019
- ASOS plc
Want more Digital Content Editor (12 month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.