A Digital Advisor brings clarity, leadership, vision, energy and a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy to inspire and innovate with customers to transform their organisations and deliver business value.
As a consulting role, Digital Advisors work with Microsoft colleagues, our customer’s teams and our partners to envision and design new futures for customers that meet business challenges: reimagining customer engagements, employee experiences, business models and operations to make new markets and design and deliver new solutions that leverage and showcase the end to end solutions that Microsoft offers. DA’s are key to Microsoft Services’s ambition to Make the Market.
The focus of the Digital Advisor is to Dream, Design and Deliver Digital Transformation, leading to growth of the Services and UK subsidiary and developing leading edge and repeatable success stories that optimise the Microsoft platform.
Key accountabilities for the role include:
Digital Advisory Services *
• Positively influence the mindset of customers and account teams by challenging the status quo, bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition to our customers’ businesses.
• Initiate, design and drive Digital Transformation programmes of change for Microsoft customers to build their digital business, resulting in commitment from customers to proceed with the plan, incorporating digital culture, digital platform, and a digital approach – directly with customers and through engagement with Microsoft account teams.
• Demonstrate how vision becomes a reality when all relevant Microsoft resources and technologies are brought to bear.
Change Leadership and Adoption *
• Provide experience and leadership capabilities to design and enable a Digital Transformation programme of change that delivers business value and creates continuous innovation capability within the customer leading to ongoing commitment.
Be an Enterprise Services Role Model *
• Be a visible role model within the Digital Advisor team, Microsoft Services, Microsoft UK and Corp, with Industry and with Customers
• Be recognised as an innovator with strong storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset for the teams and the customers.
• Be an active contributor to UK Services.
Business to Technology Strategy *
• Contribute to the Digital Advisory Services brand through driving the value proposition of a digital transformation strategy and lead thought leadership events to drive executive engagement.
• Contribute to the adoption of good practices across both the team and the worldwide organization identifying ways to make a positive impact as an individual and through leveraging the capabilities of the Digital Advisor team.
• Create account plans and participate in joint account planning with sales teams. Organise and lead sales pursuits, directly or in supporting capacity; regularly review opportunities; plan and execute engagements.
* Significant experience working with C-level customers in market leading technology organisations, systems integrators or consulting businesses (eg Cap G, PA, Deloitte, KPMG, Accenture, E&Y).
* Broad understanding of technology, including current and emerging digital strategies, solutions and trends, as well as experience in delivering/governing technology-enabling business transformation across multiple markets.
* Ability to hold C-level discussions, combined with exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Recognised innovator with compelling storytelling abilities to inspire growth mindset in both internal and customer teams.
* Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams.
* Consistent record of delivering business value by bringing the benefits of technology to transform businesses.
* Ability to balance strategic thinking with pragmatic operational execution and delivery, including strong stakeholder management and team orchestration.
* Experience in implementing key Microsoft, or related, technologies, with a preference for depth in Cloud and IoT.
* Ability to become an advocate/evangelist for Microsoft’s vision and value proposition, by conceptualising, planning and leading implementation/adoption of Microsoft’s spectrum of technologies and offerings.
* Reputation for strong value based leadership and one who strives for excellence. Demonstrating growth mindset, customer obsession, diversity and inclusion, integrity and honesty, accountability, passion, being open and respectful.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Closing 31 December 2019
Senior Data Architect
Closing 3 January 2020
Want more Digital Architect jobs?
Want to find more Architect jobs, Architect Assistant jobs, Architectural Design Assistant jobs, Architectural Design Manager jobs, Architectural Designer jobs, Information Architect jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.